Skip to main content

Puppy Love

The previous post was a non-post. Saje-saje je meluahkan perasaan.

Heh.

Well... after finishing with the Geographer's Library, the next book on my list will be Middlemarch. However looking from the size and the author, it is probably gonna be a loooong and need a bit of a push read. So before delving in, I picked up those stupid, fluffy high school buku cerita first.

I love reading those. It is a quick read. 2 hours the very least and 1 or 2 day the very most.Hoho.

You know the formula aight. Girl long for a boyfriend. Girl have a 'meet cute' with a boy. Some sort of misunderstanding happened. e.g. Girl thinking guy like somebody else (this is usually the case). Then they totally get together.

Well... that kinda book is really really enjoyable, if you have the need for a light reading. Well this book I bought from the Payless Warehouse Sale is just the right amount of fluffy high school type of book that I love. Oh yes. The Payless Warehouse Sale kinda sucks, but it is very cheap. Just that buku yang dijual tu is not to my liking. And that is the only decent high school romance book. But I did bought another 2 books. I forgot the titles, but both stories are set in the WW2. There's a lot of that kinda book; story books depicting life during WW2. I dig that kinda stories so I bought 2 books for my trouble in rummaging around the many, many books sprawled on that table.

Back to the book. So the book is predictable enough, the girl like the boy, the boy like the girl. Voila. Seems like it is happily ever after.

Closing the book and chuckling, I was amuse on the ease of the process in being boyfriend and girlfriend.

Boy: "I like you"
Girl: "I like you too"

Then there would be some mutual understanding on how both are going 'steady' with each other and planning to see the movie next weekend and plan the whole of their life together afterwards.

It reminded me of zaman sekolah with all its 'nota cinta' and all the scriblings of "Mrs David Beckham" dulu2 tho I despise writing Mrs {insert name of high school crush/bf} from zaman sekolah lagi. Macam nama kau tak important nak adopt nama org lain plak.

I remembered zaman-zaman sekolah menengah dulu, if people say a simple I like you. Tada! Considered as couple. Easy eh? There is no incredibly inane statement like "I like you, I really do like you, but the thing is you and me can't be together as I am not too stable now".

The only problem then is professing your feeling to the other party. Now, profess feeling pon tak cukup. Have to be this la, need to achieve that la, need to know each other for 5 long years la, have a lot of space la. Alasan je sume tuh OK. Kalau tanak tu, cakap je tanak. Takyah mengade-ngade cakap.... "saye sukeee awak... tapi, tapi , tapi..." Boleh blah.

Ehem. Ter-emoism pulak.

But the thing is in the teenager years, ade juga automatically assume sendiri sudah couple. Declare aje kat diri sendiri without feeling the need to tell the girl that she is now his gf. I mean they are like, after telling the girl they liked them by giving surat yang telah diberi oleh 3rd party, they will then automatically assume that girl like him too. And sesiape berani nak ambil the gal, kena jumpa belakang toilet/surau/kantin. "Kita settle cara lelaki". LOL.

I remembered when I was in Form 1. I received this surat "mahu berkenalan" (chortled out loud) from this guy A. Then I received another surat from another guy B. Then tak pasal-pasal kena marah as why I am talking to this guy B, when I had received surat guy A and A had said he liked me.

I was like WTF la weh? Bile pulak aku setuju jadi girlfriend die? Suke-suke assume sendiri aje.

After that guy A do not ever want to talk to me again as I had konon-kononnye betrayed his trust. I did continue to talk to guy B; but no, we were never a couple and he was very sweet though quite dumb. However, sadly guy B do not live to see adulthood as he died in an accident when he was in Form 5.

So, high school romance is easy eh, and easily forgettable and painless. After we move away from school that it start to get complicated, horrible, thorny and painful.

Which is why I never regretted any guy I dump when I was in school. LOL. I am sure they are very happy and very contented, today and had completely forgotten me.

Comments

Taqiyuddin said…
it was THAT easy then? dang. if i knew, i'd see a lot more action. Heck i'd see action!
Some said…
ingat masa sekolah suruh budak tingkatan satu hantar surat kt classmate....hahahaha..pastu letak surat dalam buku teks sekolah..
Dils said…
Taqi:
Haha.. it was THAT easy. But it get harder around form 3 and form 4.


Some:
Surat ape? Surat berkenalan pon ade. Surat berkenalan dengan tujuan nak kenakan org pon ade. Huhuhu..
highschool was forgetable.. i only started dating when i was 19

sad! LOL
Izham Miyake said…
easy kah itu?

I only say i like u to those owned.. hahahaha.. jahat kan? because i believe owned girls are usually hotter and must have some specific attraction, so i'm very curious to know.

further, tak perlu commitment.. hehehe..
Dils said…
Effi:
Or more like, you would like to forget em? Haha.

Takpe.. Better a late bloomer than never..



Izham:
Haha.. saying I like you only to those in relationship eh.. I GOT that a lot semasa in college years. It got to a point like I am, why are these guys even bothering to tell me all these stuffs.

Or do you actually want to see their reaction after you said you like them?

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.