Skip to main content

As a Mummy fan


I have a confession to make. I watched the Mummy Returns first then love, love, love it. Then I watch The Mummy and love even more of it. Brendan Fraser even for a while make me swoon a bit. Kinda like James McAvoy now ( I just have to bring him up, see. It is a compulsion) . Le sigh. But of course remembering the George of the Jungle (Yikes! That movie is just painful and I know that movie is earlier, but still it is bad.) and his hair plug, the idol phase is just for a little while. However if I am bored, I can watch and rewatch the Mummy and the Mummy Returns with enjoyment.

The Mummy third. How can I say this, it kinda bores me. I don't know it might be another external factors that make me feel restless and tired and sleepy. I woke up early that Saturday and had an outing with the family and carrying along my 7kg nephew around (ok, I only carry him around for a while) so I was kinda exhausted. I was thirsty and the line at TGV beverages and popcorns counter is much too long for me to bother. I was a tad bit pissed that we had to queue at the booking counter line for 20 minutes for no valid reason I can think of at all.

So all that does not make me a happy gal entering that cinema. Back to the Mummy 3 again. Let's start with what kinda make me go hmmm about it.
  • - Alex is kinda kayu.
  • - I was distracted on how much time had past since we last saw em that I spent 10 minutes during viewing time trying to guess the kid's possible age and Rick O'Connell possible age.
  • - Maria Bello (The New Evie) does not seems like Evie. But she does look kick ass holding a gun. She however is not believable as an absent minded woman who loves history and mystery.
  • - WTF with making Evie as an author of a M&B type of books? I only saw her love for history surface for like 5 minutes in the whole movie.
  • - I miss Rachel Weisz immensely.
  • - Also miss Oded Fehr.
  • - Alex and Lin love side story feel forced.

The nicer part
  • - Like the other part in the Mummy movies, I love the story-telling part at the start of the movie. If it were a HK movie, it would be even more kick ass, but nowadays they would probably try to make it all weepy and drama-ey. Blergh.
  • - I still heart Michelle Yeoh and Jet Li, even though they are getting on the years now. Oh and Russell Wong is kinda hot.
  • - Love the Imhotep club.
  • - I like the battle scene between the terracotta warriors and the skeletal rebels. It is one of the fun part of the movie.
  • - I still like Brendan Fraser. Though I don't heart him as before.
  • - If only they would bring the butler along with em to their adventure.
  • - I love the Yeti. I want them as pet.

All in all, I think its the weakest of the three. The Mummy and The Mummy Returns was kick ass. Its fun and exhilarating the whole way through the movie. This movie kinda bore me a bit. Though I might want a second viewing of it, when I am less irritable and thirsty. I may change my mind, but I will prolly still think that its the lesser of the first 2 and I would still compare Rachel Weisz and Maria Bello to death (even though its not fair and she did her best).

And... who actually live at the Shangri-La? The monks and the yeti?

Comments

oh noes

no oded fehr! how can. the Magi is one of the reasonw hy i like mummy. its bad enuff they killed his character in resident evil. now he does not even get call back for the new mummy

i think Alex is included to fill Oded's character. shame.
Dils said…
Haha.. I think they would have some difficulties in trying to write in Ardeth Bay character in there.

And I was kinda pissed that they killed him off in Resident Evil 3.

Oded Fehr is hawt!

Alex is more like replacing Rick O Connell.
Some said…
perhaps egyptian mummies are more well known than other mummies..

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.