Skip to main content

In the 80s: We used to watch and have these....

Part 3 & 4: What we used to watch and what we used to have

Part 1: We used to eat

Part 2: We used to play

What we used to watch...


(Though I do think this is more of an early 90s cartoon)



Dragonball. I don't watch these.







Yups. I think those are the Power Rangers. I did watched it. It is quite as lame ass as Ultraman, but it is kinda a guilty pleasure. After the cast started to leave, starting from Amy Jo Johnson then I stopped watching.

Nothing in Power Rangers is cool. Especially after you watched your brothers re-enact those battle scenes.







Hikhikhik. Til today if there is Doraemon on tv, I would watch it. "Doraemon and Poket Ajaibnye". Love it. Especially the comic. Though the cartoonist kinda a paedo pervert for his persistent drawing of Sizuka in the bath or changing clothes.

It also make me always excited to see dorayaki. I will be always... OMG, OMG, Doraemon favorite food!





He-Man. Yeah. It was one of those cartoons muscle clad heroes wearing speedos loincloth waving around their sword.

Also I much prefer She-Ra. I was a feminist, even back then.




"I'm Popeye the Sailor Man..."

A tune that will forever emblazoned in your mind. Also I believe the only cartoons that make children wants to eat spinach willingly even though they grimaced whenever they are downing it.

I am one of those person. But I am also the type of child who have to clean her plates, so in order to do that I will imagine that those vegetables are something else altogether. e.g. Broccoli and cauliflower - I imagine I am a giant and I am eating trees as snack.




I used to love TMNT. But I always have difficulties in accepting them as heroes and salivating after April because they are turtles. And why are there turtles in the sewage again.






Guys swore by it.

I never really care about it. When I was small I was always annoyed whenever there is Transformers on. I would think why, why they keep on showing this while they could show Jem!





Little Smurfs. I could not remember why the villain keep on trying to catch them little blue people.

I did like it. But not so much. It kinda bored me abit.






I love Tom & Jerry. I never think Tom is bad. I think he is cute. I especially love the Tom & Jerry Kids, when Tom is a kitten and Jerry... well a lil mouse.

Tom is the cutest cat ever.






Thunder... thunder.... thundercat!

Remembered waking up early when I was in Australia to watch this.





Special Mentions:
Gummy Bear!
Denver the Last Dinosaur
Gargoyles (I love that)
Jem and the Holograms
The Jetsons
The Flintstones (Hate the movie though)


What we used to have...


Don't think so that I ever have the 'fruits' eraser as its a bit expensive.

I remember having the flag one. Slalu frust when you have to erase something cause it would ruin the eraser.



My pencil box was normal, but if a classmate have this pencil case, the kids would usually pinjam and menggodeh the pencil case opening up every nook and crannies.

I usually rearrange their things to places its not suppose to just to just annoy them. Heh.



Actually I am not too sure what this picture suppose to show. Pemadam pen yg hampes, yang hanya boleh koyakkan kertas? Or lousy metal pencil box that always dent and rust. Or those pencils? Or those little stickers which I admit I love.




Special Mention:
Autograph Books (I treasure my autograph book)
Name cards (Why would a 12 year old need a name card amaze me even now)


p/s: malas plak nak carik pics for the Special Mention.

Comments

Taufiq Marq said…
I like this post. Kinda bring back memories.

A correction though, Its "Ding Dang" not "Ding Dong" =p. Tora and Ding Dang back then is like McD and KFC, Pepsi and Coke, Starbucks and Coffee Bean kinda thing. Whatever each one comes out with a new toys, the other will follow suit.

Love those days, can get anything i want.
Some said…
hoh...Voltron ngan inspector gadget takde? gaban and suria perkasa hitam pun takde gak...huhuhuhu
Dils said…
Taufiq:
Ah.. Ding Dang ye.. Ah well... Ding Dong seems much more appropriate for the insane type of lousy type of toys they bought. Huhu.

Yeps.. sometimes I thought both of these toys Tora and Ding Dang are strangely similar.


Some:

Eiiii.. wat list sendri la. Tak masuk dlm special mention sbb tak suke tgk.
the kotak pensil with button one is the best! ada special slot for eraser. some even have built in ruler that can be ejected with a push of a button

i've beeen trying to find one for ages. wanna keep it for nostalgia sake!
Dils said…
Effi:

Haha. That pencil box. Usually kalo sesape ade. Mesti one of the penutup slots tu tertanggal la, takleh tutup betul la.

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.