Skip to main content

In the 80s: We used to eat...

I got the below from an email and although I kinda detest copy and pasting lame jokes onto blog, these I cannot resist (and its not even a joke anyway). It just make me smile.

It is so long and there would be some finger-scrolling exercises to do but it is all in pictures! So don't lose heart! Update: As it is quite long, I think I am going to divide it to 3 parts. 1 part per post. This would be easier for moi to update.

Also I couldn't be bothered to edit it nicely to put the pictures in 1 nice row and I rather want to put own comments next to the pictures...

I remembered a whole lots of junk foods that we would just shuddered if we would want to eat it now, but selalu berulang alik kedai makcik, scraping at our tabung to buy some of these stuffs.



I love gums. I love them even today. I have a whole 'container' filled with gums in work place.
These 'bear' gums is da best when blowing bubbles. Always bought them at show off my skills in blowing bubble to my little brother who then had not yet master the skill.



*confession* I penah stole that 'grape gum' from a supermarket. *shamefaced*







Coklat ni masa kecik-kecik macam best biler dimakan. Sebab die slightly mahal sikit dari biasa. And it tasted a whole lot better than Tora.



Even when I was a kid I was not impressed with "Tora datang lagi" nor "Ding dong". The toys are lousy. The chocolates 'lemau' and I think it cost RM1, which exceeded my daily allowance of 20 cent per day. It is pitiful, but enough to buy a polluted glass of 'air sirap' and seketul kueh at the canteen (This was Kelantan. You can get things dirt cheap there). My mom ever the economical preferring her children to bring their own food. So sometimes I used the 20 cent to buy ice cream shown below.

*I even volunteered at the "Free Food for Poor Children" scheme in giving out food for the poor kids every recess time as volunteer gets to eat the food too* :D Even when I was small I was an opportunist and like to eat.




Put it in a freezer to make an ice lollies! It is too sweet, but nice only when it is chilled or frozen.





How do I eat my biscuit icing (What do you call this?)
1. I grabbed a handful.
2. I ate all the colorful 'icing' first.
3. Then I proceed to eat the biscuit






I have no idea what this is nor do I ever had seen it. Anyone knows?




Special Mention: These are not in the email I received, but I love these junk foods to bits except for Choki Choki.



I never like sweet chocolate. I like my chocolates kinda bitter. But these are my friend's favorite. But after they finished with it, UGH. Looks yucky meh.







One of my all time favorites. The amount of coloring and whatever stuffs in there can make a health freak, freaks. But this is seriously nice. I indulge in it too once in a while. When the mood strikes, selalu beli from bai roti.




Favorite flavour: Milo
Second favorite: Asam boi

Heavenly especially after coming back from school in that harsh afternoon sun. Dan juga time-time ponteng puasa di belakang rumah makcik makan aiskrim beramai-ramai di tepi longkang.



Note: Serias, I took your aiskrim picture from your Fotopages yar. Her mom is one of these entrepreneur. Slalu suke amik satu dalam fridge whenever we singgah at her home.


p/s: Part 2 coming in tomorrow. Malas dah menaip. It would be nice to make this into a tag, but the amount of copying and pasting pictures would put people off for sure. But it would be nice to read what is their memories on this junk food.

Comments

Dils said…
Mamee.. ha ah.. lupa..

tapi sampai sekarang suke makan. sampai muak, as previous boss at HP suke beli.

Tataw bad for health... belikan banyak2. Nak kasik pekerja2 die botak.
Taufiq Marq said…
Mamee bad for health ke? Australia iktiraf untuk program makanan sekolah sihat tuh. huhuh
Dils said…
Hahaha.. Tu ar.

Baru taw. Ke die org meant yg paket kerepok cam mee tu? The perencah is definitely not healthy kan?

Hahah.. tah la.

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.