Skip to main content

Day 23 - A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven't



It is Mistress Pat by L.M Montgomery. 

Why this particularly, well I guess because I am such a big fan of her other works, I always want to collect them all if possible. This book is a continuation of another book, Pat of Silver Bush. I have that book and always wanted to know what happened when she grew up. 

The story is basically about a girl who hate changes. So this next book where everyone else and herself is growing up and making decisions that can affect whole life it would be interesting to know what the girl who hate changes going to do. 

Why am I still not reading it? Well, it is really hard for me to find her books nowadays. It is annoying, but I guess since YA books are growing rapidly, older authors are not being put in shelves. This also makes me a bit sad. Did you read Daddy Long Legs? That is amazing. It felt About A Boy, Dahl-like . Do you know how hard it is to find that book and the sequel to that book. So while it is nice that budding new authors finding their places, I also felt a bit sad that I can no longer find easily the works of old authors. 

Which is why I am thinking of Kindle where I can easily get classic books. (Pening kepala baca ebook kat komputer. I had tried it once, not gonna try it again). 

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.