Skip to main content

The love affair with the fangs

*thump* *thump*

Oh, I was just feeling the vein at my throat and I was suddenly pulled to the scene of past week True Blood when Jessica eyes was peeled on the pulsing veins on Hoyt neck. Her lips open slightly, eyes ablaze with hunger and just at the right moment she gulped down the feeling and asked for Tru Blood. Awesome moment. I was feeling blah about the show on its first season but the second part of the first season and this second season is pretty terrific. Genius even. And Jessica walking into the bar looking like a mixture of sultry and innocence, THAT was the highlight of the show, second only to mimic-ing Bill tone and accent.

I had looked through some of the new shows that will be premiering this fall. The only thing that really catch my interest was Vampire Diaries ( a more tone down Twilight-esque series about vampires). Yes, vampires is so IN now thanks to theTwilight mania. But I swear I had always liked them before Twilight, even before Buffy, right around the time of Bram Stoker: Dracula that have Gary Oldman, Winona Ryer (cause I was obsessed with Winona Ryder then) and wooden Keanu Reeves.

Then came Buffy, where I am kinda blah about Angel, because he is so woefully depressing during the whole 3 seasons. Though I loved him in Angel because in that show (Angel), he and the writers are painfully aware of how ridiculously broody he is. But of course the vampire that stake a claim in my heart, is the bleached peroxide blond Spike. James Marsters so revelled playing that character.

In True Blood though, Bill Compton does not set my blood on fire. Nor does Eric. I meant after watching him going through a man intestines with his bare hand and mouth, urgh, no thanks. I like a more refined killer. Can or not like that hor? I do like Sam though. Comel gile tengok a grown man transform to a cute dog. Kawaii~~~

So, back to Vampire Diaries. Took me long enough. Well, why am I interested in Vampire Diaries. The obvious teenager filled angst described as slightly better than Twilight? Heck, I love teenage angst, but that's not it. The heroine is not as creepily needy as Bella? Who knows, maybe the heroine will be worse. But I will be watching because of this


Ian Smoking-Hot Somerhalder.

Yes, Effi, he may looked like a douche. But he is a hot douche in a leather jacket. Some allowance will be made for His Hawtness. I had been pining away after him ever since the early demise of Young Americans, a stupid series in the year 2000 about boys in some elite school. It is also the first time I noticed Kate Bosworth before she becomes all Twiggy-like. In that series Kate Bosworth character fell in love with her half brother (Not Iam Somerhalder). It is all very icky to me.

So Vampire Diaries. Tengok je la if it will be any good eh... After all I would need another vampire heartthrob to replace Spike with.

Comments

Taqiyuddin said…
i'm more into zombies. too bad there aren't any zombie boom right after corpse bride. but there's that emo boom though. but emo could pass of as vampires too. especially if they've got wings. especially so. both helena bonham and johnny depp would make good zombies.
Taqiyuddin said…
i changed my mind. i think i like drow better. it's especially kinky when they turns into driders.
Dils said…
But how can you have a crush for a zombie? They eattt braaiiinnnnssss....

There was a zombie boom for a while, around the time of the remake of Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later.

Those zombies are cool.
Taqiyuddin said…
OMG! braaaiinnnsss.... you ma'am is a certified internets junkie.
Dils said…
Am not even going to deny that :D

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.