Skip to main content

The disasters that are Heroes and 90210

Got no idea to blog. So aku curi idea from Watch With Kristin articles on how to fix Heroes and 90210.

We'll start with Heroes first.


The best things about it at first:
  • People who have superpowers
  • Geeks factored in and considered cool
  • Sylar
  • Clear defined arc with characters working together to "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World"
  • The wonderful HRG complicated character.
  • Hiro and Ando wonderful adventures in USA-land and Hiro-land.

The horrible things that start unravelling as 3 seasons past:
  • Sylar. The.Most.Self.Absorbed.Yet.Annoyingly.Boring.Villain.Ever.
  • Sylar sudden Daddy's Issues.
  • Sylar doing good and overcoming murderous impulse and just ... his storylines are beginning to piss me off.
  • Hiro becoming self-power-obsessed and continue to be childish with no character development.
  • Ali Larter keep on coming back after being dead. One time you are back after being dead, its fine. 2 times is pushing it.
  • Mysterious disappearance of recurring characters and how the writers just completely forgot they even existed. (Hello Caitlin. Hello Monica)
  • Each and every character becoming a bore.
  • Storyline was setup, idiotic endings without any means to tie up loose ends.

Fix Heroes?
These are the suggestions thrown out in the articles.

1. Kill everyone but Sylar and Jack Coleman's H.R.G.

2. Going forward, use only Sylar and H.R.G.'s given names of Gabriel Gray and Noah Bennet, in order to detach their characters from the existing bankrupt mythology.

3. Take Peter's original power of being able to absorb (sans brain-slicing) other powers and give it to Gabriel, but with the following caveats: Gabriel can only absorb powers intentionally, and every time he does that, he automatically loses an existing power, but he doesn't know which power he will lose until it's gone

4. Resurrect Kristen Bell's electric Elle.

5. Get Gabriel and Elle together as a superpowered Bonnie and Clyde, running from the law (in the form of Noah Bennet) and trying to redeem themselves. They can brood beautifully about their past misdeeds and try to create a functional relationship while moving from town to town using their powers to help the helpess. Meanwhile, Jack Coleman's Noah gets the thankless but essential job of hunting them down and trying to destroy their fragile relationship.


which are actually a pretty good idea! But I do like Angela Petrelli... so maybe in addition

1. Retain Angela Petrelli as the head of conspiracy for the new organization Noah Bennet will be running.

2. Sumbat Claire on campus and just let her have her Girls Gone Wild moments with bouts of heroics in saving people, with hilarious results of intervention from well meaning but creepy uncle Peter.

3. or.... for the writers:Stop introducing new plots, villains, heroes; get your shit together and just resolve your storyline clearly.


Now for the more terrible show 90210, for reason unknown I kept on watching



The best likable things about it at first:
  • A reboot of the much beloved show, Beverly Hills, 90210.
  • Reappearance of Brenda and Kelly. Woot!
  • The wonderful Jessica Lowndes as Adrianna. She is the only reason I kept watching.
  • The satisfactory feeling when the drama teacher mentioned that Annie sucks at acting. Heh.

The horrible things that start unraveling even from episode 1:
  • Annie. Enough said.
  • Rob Estes painful departure from cool cop in Women Murder Club to goofy dependable dad-principal of Beverly High.
  • The Spring Awakening production episodes, where Annie was asked to show her talents and being praised for her awful(30x magnified) dancing/singing talent.
  • Anna-Lynne McCord overacting and curled Singa hair. And whenever she sashayed anywhere.
  • Tori Spelling plastic surgery face and boobs which just filled me up in horror whenever she appears on-screen.
  • The terrible, terrible fashion.
  • Blaming Dustin Milligan (Ethan) that his storyline does not work, when it is clearly the main characters (Annie and Dixon).

Fix 90210?
There's no clear suggestion thrown out in the articles (as it just started to pinpoint the problems) but probably most people have no idea how to salvage this sinking ship who is still afloat due to the good graces of it predecessor.

Maybe they could...

1. Killed off Annie. Her parents can adopt some weird chicks from the slums, Veronica Mars style who would then start giving snark comments on Naomi's hair and Silver's obsession with leggings.

2. Stop making Naomi as a sex kitten. Tone her character down a bit. She is more interesting when being tone down. And asked the actress to close her mouth. Her mouth is always agape.

3. Gah, just cancel it off altogether and reboot My So Called Life. That would be more interesting.


Oh and I found it perplexing that many series focused on high school life, rarely campus or college years. Felicity was damn good ok.

Comments

Shu said…
i think, heroes ni dah jadi mcm a never ending story... meraban2 dah. mmg watch the series but wonder when its gonna finish.. will it ever get to its end.

will see what will happen pulak to scofield boy..
Dils said…
Memang. Meraban habis la. Perkenalkan 1 jalan cerita, pastu tup tup cite lain terus. Agaknye ending die open ended.

Eh... tak abes lagi tengok Scofield? Hehehe... *Tak tengok pon dari abes Season 1* tapi ikut perkembangan cerita. Huhu.
Himu said…
But don't know why I like 90210,you are right here at all the point,but I think we also need to enjoy,and everything can't be right all the time,so I just watch for time pass and entertainment :)

watch 90210

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.