Skip to main content

Siem Reap Trip - Day 5 & 6: Angkor D'Artisans and Shops!

Day 5

Ok I am combining the days 5 and 6 as there were not much activities left. Initially I left the Friday open actually for Tonle Sap, but as we had already gone there the first day and spent 20 USD, not much keen to pay more for a more wider visit.

Artisan D' Angkor

So we decided on Artisan D' Angkor as it was just a stone throw away from the inn. We were greeted by one of the guide and was left on our own to just browse around the workshop. Hmmm. Ok.


The Artisans D'Angkor also provide a free shuttle bas ( a van) to their silk farm which is about 11 - 16 km away. So off we went. We were greeted by one of the guide who then steered us around and gave us a tour around the place. We basically got to see the whole process on the silk making from the puny little wormies spunning its golden cocoon to the lovely woven silken cloth.


The only complaint that I can think of was that the guide was a bit too hurried. But we did enjoyed our time there. Dropped in their shop and was seriously tempted to buy a really lovely long silk blouse priced at USD75. Darab la dengan 3.5 or 4, imagine the price in RM la kan. My husband pulak... "Up to you la, you tak beli ape-ape lagi untuk you." Hoh! But I talked myself out of it as aku bukannye selalu bergelemer sana sini untuk memakai baju silk yang ratus ratus regenye.

Decided also to spend our time lepaking around the silk farm by indulging on a banana split sold at the posh looking cafe. Maybe posh, but the price is ok enough la and the taste of the ice cream was exquisite. Banana split not pictured.

Afterwards, we decide to laze around at the hotel before roaming around town for a spot of shopping around town and dinner.

Food!

We had dinner at a vegetarian restaurant called Chamkar that served traditional Khmer cuisine but, vege ones. A very nice lovely restaurant. The food was ok. We ordered some fried labu and other vege things thrown in. Nice, but a bit muak at the end. My husband also ordered the mango salad and vegetable curry where gravy looked thick, but taste surprisingly mild and thus I love.



Went around the Angkor Night Market and Noon Night Market, hunting for last minute souvenirs and massage!

Yes, dahling. 2USD massage. My husband was really keen on one last massage before going back though not so much moi. I opted for the manicure instead. 2USD also! Wheee! Never have a manicure before, so for 2 USD why not la kan?

Day 6

Its now Day 6 and our last day there. After packing up all our things, we decided to head out again as I was interested in buying a custom made old fashioned stamp . As our flight was on 2 pm, we had plenty of time for a last stroll around the town.

The first picture is a row of fruit stalls. We bought the lychee the day before there. Smaller than the usual here and a little less sweet. The second picture from below is my favorite bakery there "The Blue Pumpkin". Quite famous in Siem Reap. Went inside for ice cream (for breakfast) and it was delish! At least lagi murah dari freakin Baskin Robbins.




Yups, the kedai that have the stamp. Also sempat jua bershopping last minute on bags there. I bought my new purse there that I love. Yeah, Seri. Gamba di atas itu adalah khas untuk anda sebab anda request. Was busy choosing the design of the stamp.

Then we checked out, say our thanks to the lovely owner and staffs of the Mandalay Inn and off we go to the airport.

Pretty tired by this time.

I had a lovely time, overall at Siem Reap. Both of us like it it there immensely. Would recommend anyone interested for a spot of 'history trekking' to go there.

I may post up some pictures on the stuff that we bought there. Not that there are much. But that would be another post. As, aku perlu mengambil gamba dahulu.

Comments

2 usd massage? kat malaysia pun i think ist about 25 bucks an hour. the one in alamnda pulak 40!

cheap cheap
Dils said…
It is actually 2USD for 15 mins massage, 3USD for 30mins and 5USD for an hour.

But still cheap. Though that place is the cheapest massage place we encountered. (And does not look shady... hehe)

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.