Skip to main content

Preparations Pbbtthh

I got no work. Its raining. I am cold. I am sitting next to the pantry where every footstep is a deafening noise.

I want to complain!!! Naturally.

Its about my wedding prep. And I promised I won't complain much after this. And I won't blog much about the wedding preparation. Biar surprise. Though I doubt it is much of a surprise to my friends who have to hear to the tiniest of details. Tima kasih la Sheema and Lini kerna slalu dengar aku bitchin regarding wedding preparation.

The money is pouring out. I am on a strict diet (but tidak makin kurus. Makin gemok adalah. Stress eating kut?) due to my lack of monetary funds. No money to buy fun things = Very Sad Dila. So quit asking me to belanja la. I might just bite your head off.

My fiance adalah cepat stress apabila I talk to him regarding need to call this or that or need to do this or that. Gah!

I loathe people who gives advice AFTER I made a decision. OR People who wanted to advise me on certain things when I had informed that I wanted this to be done a certain way. I am stubborn mule. No matter how lovely it looks to your eyes, I will cringe whenever I see it. My wedding. Kalo nak sangat that thing to be done your way of loveliness, then get married yourself.

I got a headache whenever I mentioned the color of my wedding. They will go like "eh?" "really ar" "not dull ke" or "what about this color". First of all. I had dead set on the color. Second of all. It can be anything. If people wanted to ask me regarding freaking color theme of my wedding or what color is certain thing going to be, I am going to say "UNITED COLOR OF BENETTON" . Anything goes. Ikut suke aku. Perlu ke aku ulang? MY FREAKING WEDDING.

Family members. I don't know how it happened. I think those who are married will completely understand. And for those yang single and planning to one day, let me warn eh.... things would not go your way at all. One day you are planning for this kind of flower, the next day 8 family members (directly related or 2 or 3 remove) will vetoed you of your decisions while you meekly sit at corner twiddling the tip of a cushion while nodding and murmuring in agreement. Takpe. Kalau anyone will bitch that may wedding is not that pretty.. I will just salahkan orang lain. Or maybe you yourself.

That paragraph above is a complete opposite to the paragraphs before that. Hence the stress blog posting.

Baru bulan 3. My wedding is on bulan 11 (dearest friends and acquaintances, please clear your schedule around November eh ). But OK. At least if I am stressing out so early, mungkin tak gelabah by bulan 10. Tidak?

Comments

Taqiyuddin said…
weddings are fun just as long as you're not the bride/groom, the parents, the siblings, close relatives, distant relatives, close friends and long lost friends. Oh, and it's doubly un-fun when it's your parent's friends' kid's wedding and you're 9 to 12 years old.

It is only fun when you're the tok kadhi (yup, the kadhi IS the real VIP here) or you're the best friend of the bride/groom's grandma and you've got an embarrassing gossip about the groom's grandma's first born grandson.

Having said that, I'll need to point out that a wedding's real fun-ness for most of the people on the first paragraph, lies mostly during either at the end of the wedding or at the extreme beginning of the preparation, when it seems the most like a dream come true (before all those expectations come crashing in).

So dils, sorry to hear that your wedding is in november. Arr! I remember myself during those days. Tossing and turning in bed thinking about the virtues of eloping with my fiancee to siam.
Dils said…
Heh Taqi.. I am already wishing it to be over and am immensely bored with the preparation already.

Because now start the worrying if things are going to go ok and all the very boring details.
if i have it my way i do it the hollywood way. tell 30 of my closest relatives and friend to come to a makan-makan BBQ

next thing you know its actually akad nikah.

that would be fun. that way you know those who came actually cares about you. but as you said. the wedding is not about you or what you want, it is always about sedara. mulut like tempayan busuk and start giving dumb suggestion when you specifically want things to be done your way. sheesh

i dread the day that i would get married. i hate weddings and i hate entertaining people. i just hate big parties period. i will be one sad and depressed groom when that day happened. stress? just thinking about the day (if it happens) makes my armpit sweat!

HAHAHA
dueng said…
i second effi's opinion. i hate wedding, reason being i will be asked to help around. i don't mind helping around, it just i hate meeting people whom long lost contact with me or my parent's friends. and the same old jokes will always pouring out from their mouth.

"akak hang dah, hang bila lagi?"
"dah besaq dah anak pak ngah ni, makan apa sampai besaq camni?"

i hate it. period.

i always want garden wedding whereby only close family and friends attend the wedding. but my mom going to kill me for that.

and i preferred not to bersanding. i hate sitting there doing nothing. am i some zoo animal for display? uhh..i hate weddding. no wonder i rarely attend wedding ceremony, i hate to even be there.

can't malays make wedding much simpler? *sigh*
dueng said…
exception to friends' wedding since i can meet lots of UTPian friends there. it's like small gathering. talking and laughing and making jokes just like the good old days. :)
jgn jemput aku mangi. i wont be bothered to come .LOL

hahahah
Dils said…
Eh my wedding ni nanti aku jemput korang berdua. Hahahha. Adalah kena dtg. Bile lg maw dtg JB kalo tak? (lupa effi dulu tinggal kat jb. takpe.. bile lg maw tgk balik skolah EC balik :P)


dari komen mangi yg first igtkan die tanak dtg... so br lah takut nk jemput, huuhuh.. and then die bg la plak komen yg 2nd. Heeee..
dueng said…
hoho. baru lepas pergi kenduri marquis kat ampang aritu. nice one. seronok pergi kenduri member2.

insyaAllah, will be there. :)
Anasfadilah said…
hehe...wedding prep...semua family saya buat...kalo sendiri tak puas hati,nasib la...tak kisah pun...janji kita kawenn!!hahaha

oh ye saya adik effi...dulu saya skula sigs...hehe..

ps::selamat buat prep kawen...ada byk masa lagi...peace!
Dils said…
mangifera:
ituler.. tak sempat gi kenduri marquis.. takpele


anasdila:
Hahaha.. kite mcm particular, but tadekle kisah sgt since wedding tu ekceli lebey pada famili pon. Just takut lain betul ke dari yg suke.

Huhuh.. kalo ikut suke mcm stail mat salleh tu atas cruise kaa.. haha, or very simple garden wedding ke.. tp ... bak kate mangi ape plak famili ckp kalo ade yg tak terjemput .. huhu

thanks!

p/s: saya dulu skolah BBU :P
Fadhil Luqman said…
Ooo. I'm sure the lovely Elara will outshine even the brightest of stars on her wedding day. The moon in all her glory would shy away on that day i should think, for she's envious, the moon. And loath she would be to find someone more beautiful than she. I, for one, would enjoy such a sight. Looking forward to it, lovely Elara.
Anonymous said…
mesti kaler purple. aku tau sgt..
Dils said…
cremebrulee:
Haha.. poetic stuffs!


Anony:
United Color of Benetton. No defining 1 color. Tak kisah lah mcm mane

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.