Skip to main content

Dinner - Day 3

Saturday

Official lazy day. Got back from 'mamaking' around 4am. And I woke up at 9am! What the heck! And it was raining in the morning. I love sleeping in the morning while it rains. But since I was feverish, bored ( no PC for me to chat with friends or sleepily slaps somebody in MIRC), I woke up to rouse my friends from sleep for some nasik lemak. In vain.. I might add since none of em wanted to get out from bed.

At last they got up from bed... but nearing lunchtime. Everybody was famished, but we decided to first go paid for our overpriced humongous picture frame. By the time they got to the convo fair our eyes is only on the "Nasi Ayam Madu"..(yum..yum... great favorite among us). The convo fair.. as far as I can see year by year.. is getting smaller and smaller. I think the best convofair I ever had was the one when it was held at the Padang UTP near the entrance, there a lot of more variety to choose from. Maybe it is a bit too muddy.. and all cars afterwards looking like a buffalo who had just happily been wallowing in mud.

Met again with Taqi, Asrol and Taymen and some guys/gals unknown to me. Had an enlightening yet unbelievable conversation with Taymen about me and stars in sync with each other. Nonetheless enjoyed the convofair. A great way to know who's going out with whom and to meet peoples too.

Then was ushered by Gon to go to Ipoh in order for us to give tomorrow invitation's ticket to our parents. Gon dropped me off at Hillcity where my family was staying. Hermm.. Hillcity seems a little smaller than what I had remembered. My niece is having a hell of a time. Going up and down the bed, opening every cabinets she could see, broke my bracelets to pieces... (*tsk *tsk). And I got to eat nasik lemak some more! Home made straight from KL. Yum Yum.. Damn.. I must be hungry when writing this post.

Anyhow.. my job is done. Ticket bearer needs to go back to run-down 'hotel' again to get ready for the convo dinner. Yeay! More food! I am among the first one to dress, but I am the last one getting finished getting ready. It was my first time wearing those darn tudung you know. The 'lilit-belit' one. After much pinning around here and there, I am successful... phewww... but then..

We got to the hall. Seen that all of us received door-gifts, goody. Moment of happiness is over by the time I stepped in the hall. There's no seat for us!!! We were finding it hard to get a seat.. that it does not matter that we were not sitting in a group, but just a grab a seat when we find one. After much 'tawaf'ing around the hall, and each and one of us are looking frustrated and I was seriously thinking to go out of the hall in a huff. Not helping when the usherers keeps on coming to us telling us to sit down at any available seats. But there is no any other damn seats in the hall.. when we had already asked oh so nicely. The last straw came when one of the usherers grudgingly sat us at the performer's table....( I am sorry for the performers..truly am, but a gal have got to eat when she got to eat) and one of the minah usherers came at us hissing saying

"If you were expecting to be sitting in a group , of course you can't find a seat".

She needs to thank her God for her lucky stars that I had lost my voice. I only managed to croak out (Oh.. how pitiful my protest are) that we had for God sake, try! I nearly lost my appetite.. nearly .. I say. Really.. it is quite bad to be sitting right at the back... but to be galled about it so much. Luckily my friends is more cheery and upbeat about the whole thing and put me out of my bad humour.

Later on I remembered my friends remarking to each other later on after dinner,

"Did you notice ***, she is so hot lor. Not the type of hot, I want to be.. but still.."

"Did you notice what she is wearing... can you believe that she actually wear that"

You know those type of remarks us girls will make. But I can't say I notice any of what my friends had noticed! I just sat glued to my sit and focus my attention to my food and friends and occasionally someone ( derisive laugh from inner me... occasionally kunun.). And I must say the starters.. is delicious. I am not a big fan of prawn before.. but this.. wow la weh. All the food is OK and by the time it got to dessert I was so full , I was unable to finish it.

The performance/dance/singing was great. The music is nice too... of course la kan since my friend was playing. Then it came to Dr. Mahathir speech. This is the moment I have been waiting for. It looked so unbelievable to see him with my own 2 eyes. And to hear him speaks. He does not speaks charismatically, but he do got charisma and it is something to hear him speak in live. And when he talk about how important it is for us to get a job satisfaction, it is true. No matter how high paying you are.. if you do not enjoy what you did day after day after day.... does all of it are worth it? However... thinking back again.. who gonna pay our bills eh?

When all of its are over... then everybody is clamouring to be photographed with everyone else. Me being not photogenic, without a camera... therefore just sat around.. sometimes taking other peoples pictures and laughing at other peoples behavior when taking pictures and join em when asked. After I had grown weary and my friends had scattered around, I went outside to receive a call.

Got my very first bouquet of flowers for graduation. Thanked the gift bearer.. did I say thanks? Thanks again!!! Things are looking up a bit and I felt a little cheered. I take back chocolate is better than flowers. It is not so much better because any flower is nice and sweet and lovely, but if someone gave me a chocolate and I do not like the chocolate ( I am a fussy chocolate eaters) .. well.. too bad eh....

Then we went to drive around UTP just to refresh our memories and see my old room. And when I got back... it so late, yet all my friends is out again. So I went to my room to rest my feverish and aching head. Bad idea. Called Syuk to woke Snubby up. They recognized the 'bad idea' thingies and asked some questions but received no answers. I downed some Milo O Panas to ease my sore throat and also down some Teh O Ais Limau (Syuk's drink). And they bring me back saying... "Now get some sleep!!"

Notes: Pictures will be added later on. Too malas already. Btw all pics are courtesy of Shima.

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.