Skip to main content

A friend lost

On Friday night, I couldn't sleep. My husband was away and as usual, it took me a while to get myself to close my eyes. So also as usual, before going to sleep, I checked FB. 

I was shocked to then saw the news of my friend passing due to cancer. He was an ex-schoolmate of mine. And he is now gone. It is heartbreaking to lost him so early in life, so suddenly. I'd been thinking if I should write about him. Then, I know I have to. I would loathe it if one day my memory of him would fade. So if it ever did, this blog post would remain.

Many people know him as one of the best young photographer around. If you ever seen his picture, I am sure you would agree. Even to my very amateurish eyes, his work was amazingly beautiful. He could find beauty in front of him and enhance it for us to appreciate. His talent would be sorely missed.

But for many of us, he was a friend. In our batch, he was the youngest. We are the child of 82s. He was a child of 83s. So we always joked around he is the 'adik' in the batch. My memory of him in school is just a simple memory. He was asking me curiously what I always carried around in my bag and he was gobsmacked when I laughingly shown the many, many things in there.

We do not become great friends. But among the many friends in school, he was one of the few who make the effort to keep in touch. For that I am grateful but I also wish I can make the time for the buka puasa last Ramadhan. I wish I had remembered to invite you. I wish I had make more of an effort. But that is all that left now. Empty wishes and regrets.

But for its worth, he was a good friend. Always went out of his way in asking an introverted me, how I am doing. He was a good late night conversationalist when I need to keep awake to watch the computer, and he needs to be awake for his exam.  That is just my story. On how good a friend he is. Other people stories might be as simple and nice or nicer because I know he had touched many lives wherever he had gone. So to lose a person like him, is heartbreaking to many of us.

Taufiq, your friends miss you and we certainly mourn you. I can't even imagine the pain your family and your beloved are facing right now. May God be with them in this hard time. We know you are in a better place and Allah loves you more. 

Al-Fatihah. 

You'll be remembered in my prayers.

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.