Skip to main content

Life Goes On

When I was a wee girl, I thought to myself that at 25 I should be a VERY grand lady, where dining and wining (ala sparkling drinks je) is a norm in life. There would be a few movie stars personas worshipping the ground I walked on while I pined away for someone truly awesome like James McAvoy (hihu) or Cary Grant (masa die muda2). If the guy is a small country prince is even more awesome. Anak2 datuk tak main la OK masa time berangan. If you can dream, dream big right?

Berangan over kan masa kecik2. What I want to be in term of career is of course somewhat vague. But from all the movie air stewardesses seems to have a lot of fun in my 9 year old mind so I used to think I would like to be that so movie stars entering the plane can easily notice me and worship the goddess I should be. Of course the notion of being an air stewardess is never serious as I continue to be short and get motion sickness very often. And of course it was deemed uncool among the 'smart' kids to be 'pramugari', so it is entirely just a fanciful whims then, though I do suspect even nowadays that air stewardess still get to have lots of fun (even more fun than what my innocent 9 year old would think eh).

Well, so my ambitions seems to be always somewhat vague, even today. But a guy that should worshipped the ground I tread upon is always in my mind. I dreamt of love in a grand scale when I was small. I declared (in my mind but still quite loudly) that no ordinary love would settle in my life. And always, always... I would end my dream as such most fairy tale end their stories. "So the maiden marry her prince and thus they live happily ever after".

How laughable. How pitiful pon my dreams are. So years later , past 25. Here I am. Certainette not an air stewardess. Most certainly not living a grand life. Fine dining and wining make me uncomfortable. And I certainly cannot see how any movie star even the local independent cikai made by college students one, would notice me much less fall for me. And love stories in my life, though some are somewhat quirky and some are just blergh, but nothing really extraordinary happened or do not happened. So my life somewhat summarize goes on boringly like studied, worked, get married.

So perhaps my 9 year old self would wrinkle her nose in disgust when she saw me now. But I got a husband whom I believe love me wholeheartedly in spite of all my failings and whinings. Its no love in a grand scale but it is somewhat daunting in itself as new experience goes. I was then thinking, so there, a chapter close. The fair maiden marries and ..... . Happily ever after does not translate to life. How much more time do I need to stress this.

I was thinking, what is next? What is in store for my life except kids, work, more kids, more works? Oh... I guess I am hanging by the little things in life between mundane life routines, work and kids. The hanging out with friends. The weekend outing with the one you loves. The laughing on the antics of your own demented self and others. The hope of getting little wish lists fulfilled. And dreams. Oh... let me be 50 and never get tired of dreaming.

Comments

hmm

9 year old me. was i daydreaming about my future then? i think not. but did daydream about an awesome themepark on genting. i saw it in berita harian 1988.... a full size render of the genting theme park expected to finish somewhere around 1992. i was chuffed. saw the cool looking roller coaster and all

but u know what

20 years down the line

i still havent been up there! not even once. not even for a naughty one night romp with random chicks! i swear!

the 9 year old me would be baffled on why 29 year old me still havent visited the "awesome" theme park long after it was finished

the main reason i havent been to genting

ok.. i actually nak propose to mrse weiland up there when the time comes. prolly after seeing her puke green riding the roller coaster

isnt that just romantic

LOL LOL LOL
Some said…
at that age, i'm having a good time playing all day long..mandi bogel kt tepi pantai (sbb tanak underwear basah), buat rakit dari kayu2 hanyut kt sungai...mancing ikan, main basikal...takde imagine2 bila dh besar nak jadi apa.
kalo cikgu tanya apa cita2..stended answer adalah askar and polis...
Dils said…
effi:
awesome idea of a proposal. but actually, we Malays have this sorta proposal ke?

I thought if it went, "My mom wants meet your mom" is a proposal in itself.

Hehehe..


Some:
Zaman2 ituh, engineer / jurutera pon dah jadi standard answer. Walaupon I think most of those who answered jurutera then, didn't know what it actually mean.
FrH said…
hahahahha sungguh poyoo btol nak jadik air stewardess. ok laaa namanya pon berangan kan.. :)

but all the while i tot u r going to be some kind of adibah amin .. asyik baca buku cerita jek dulu. haih.

but smart people like u (eh, like us ok...) is really not meant for pramugari. please laaa.. ;)
Dils said…
hahaha... alaa angan2 kecil sahaja.

Huhu... not talented enough to be adibah amin meh...

Haih.. kenkdg bile pk balik keje2 ni.. mcm lg best jd stewardess je

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.