Skip to main content

On the brink of 33

Tomorrow is my birthday. 

This year I felt my birthday a little bit more because last year at the end of the day of my birthday, my contractions start and on the next day keluarlah my second child. Heh. I think I watched Hunger Games on that day. I will be watching Hunger Games tomorrow btw. Excited lah. Also told my husband that I dont wanna cook tomorrow. 

But also since it is gonna be Saif birthday on Sunday, I was thinking to cook nasi tomato. Not that Saif can eat nasi tomato, well  maybe a little bit, nasi tomato and probably a little kurma ayam for him kut.  But tengok lah guano. Mungkin maknye jugak akan malas on Sunday. 

Anyway I already knows what I want for my birthday. A robotic vacuum. You know some magazine or whoever will advise to let gift be something from the heart, but nothing is more from the heart than an appliance that will lessen my time for cleaning. It will be interesting to see how the cats react to it. There will probably be videos on Instagram. *rub hands gleefully*

Most probably a Neato because the reviews are good. I already highlighted to my husband the model that I want, so it is up to him lah. I AM SO EXCITED TO GET A VACUUM Y'ALL. 

And about the feeling of turning 33, it does feel scary. More like a lot of things are closing down on you and you don't get a lot of second chances now. Also need to clock in more time for ibadah y'all. Dosa tak muat 1 kontena. 

Anyway for 33 in Malaysians definition of years especially for women, not old, but older. Definitely not young. 33 in Malaysia is the age where you are bustling as a mother hen looking after your many children. Not far off the mark there realistically.. 33 in western world from what I know, still have shits need to sort out. And while realistically I felt like the usual Malaysian women of 33 years of age, insideI felt like the western 33 year olds, where I don't feel like I am settled and I still am figuring out my shits. 

However I don't feel restless anymore like I was in my 20s. Not settled yet, but not feeling like I want to take flight every couple of weeks. 

Happy birthday to me. May gravity treat me nicely and my metabolism does not need to feel like it should heads to early retirement. 

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.