Skip to main content

New things to get used to

I am slowly finding my place at the new place. Still 0 friends. No one asked me out for lunch except for first and second days. But that mainly because the place here is kinda like an island. There is one cafe to eat and one food truck. That is your options.

I usually don't really care to eat rice for lunch nowadays, so yeah, I don't mind not going out actually. Maybe one of these days I will go out to eat but it just feels like a hassle. So I brought my bekal and eat at the office and everyone seems to be doing the same. The tapau the food and eat at office. Apart from the no lunch mates, people here seems ok lah. Friendly enough. Though I could do without the 'kakak' 'abang' culture. I don't really like calling out seniority or maybe I just don't like the feeling of being old. Haha. No kakak pleasee.

But I am learning loads here even though I am just in my second weeks. Things I wouldnt learn if I still stay at my old company ( not the HP, HP was always just a temp job), though I miss the old company. Leaving the WFH and very flexi hours benefits hurts ok. Huhu. But I had learned that the old company is not getting better, no salary increase for those in my dept and they may even get the axed soon, so yes. It was never the question of should or should I leave, but more like when .. over there. 

Now.... the distance or the commute. This week is not bad. I keluar rumah kul 8 am reached here at 8.45 am. Not bad la kan. Maybe partly because of the traffic. If it is the usual school days no holiday, kenalah keluar 7.30 paling lewat. Heh.

But I mentioned to my husband that at least ( if there is no last minute work or no epic jam) I can reached home by  7 pm latest. So yeah, in term of the commute it is not that terrible, except kena tutup mata lah bayar tol. Rase macam air je bile swipe TnG. Maybe because the office here is so far away from things like Starbucks or Boost, it can be a good thing. No wastage of money on expensive beverages! More money spent on minyak and tolls instead. Boo. Memang ubah gaya hidup sungguh.

Tomorrow balik JB! Very brief trip balik to attend a friend wedding. All of my friends are super excited. We have matching baju and all. 

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.