Skip to main content

Another option for cheap books

A while ago I tried Book Depository to buy some books that I am unable to find here. Actually I was so charmed watching Austenland ( if its in Astro, watch it because it is a charming chick lit), I felt like I have to get the novel too which is written by Shannon Hale btw . The cheapest option then was buying it from Book Depository and alang2 buying books online of course it have to be more than 1. Save duit parking and tol and minyak also! 

Anyway.. the other book that I bought is Libba Bray Gemma Doyle trilogy. Felt like, maybe I should buy one first to see if I like it. Then bought it later on. Also only the first book have discount. Hehe. 
Anyway, I read the first book and love it ( though it have its weaknesses), and bile time I nak beli the other 2 books, book depository still do not offer any discounts for these 2 book sequels. And our currency had gone down so much against the USD that it became reallly expensive. 

I tried searching locally but it was still expensive compare if I can buy it online, so I tried different online book sites and stumbled into BetterWorldBooks. From what little I read of it , it sells books but also generate social impact by recycling and promoting literacy around the world. I think for every book bought, it will donate a book to those who need it. So yeah, I am always behind organization that place importance on social responsibility and am happy to try this out. It have new and secondhand books in stocks.

I opted for the secondhand books for both of my books, because why pay more if you have the options to pay less kan. It does state in the page on the used book conditions, if its either have some signs of wear or some definite wear. Both of my books that I want, the books are in good used conditions so I am hoping it will be delivered to me that way. 

I am not gonna provide instructions because anyone which include my 11 year old niece knows how to purchase stuffs online. I used PayPal for my transactions. I was wringing my hands before buying because I don't know if I should buy it now or wait for the MYR currency to go up a bit, but I am glad I didnt wait because the MYR have yet to improve. Sigh. When I bought it was 3.89 MYR = 1 USD. Today is 4.40 MYR to 1 USD. Holy cow. Everyone is worried here in Malaysia on our economic state I tell you. Anyway... this is not what I want to blog about! 

It took a while but that is understandable for international shipping ( and the shipping is like book depository is also free!). Took around a month for it to be delivered to my front step. Literally. The postman put it right by my door last week. 

Mini cars not included

And this is the condition of the books that I bought. 




Yeah. I can live with that. Gonna wrap the book soon and the wear at the edges won't be so annoying.

I like that I have options beside the usual. Also during my online browsing for book sites online, found one locally Book Up, but I couldnt find the books that I want there. But I want to try out selling my books there. My bookshelves are running out of space. Will up a post on how it goes if I do end up selling. 

Ok. Thought of writing the book shopping spree I had done last Saturday, but this post is getting too long. 

Later. 

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.