Skip to main content

SBP days made bearable

I have a hankering to do some post on the past. So I guess I will scrap something up regarding the SBP days.

Gah! I hate my SBP.Especially the rules. I hate there's a schedule when we need to study , when to wake up, when to play, when to watch TV. It was driving me insane. But it is partly my fault, I thought it was going to be fun. Hah! Padan muka sendri kan. But its not all bad. I just hated the schedule when to do this and when to do that. Macam the warden felt if left to our own devices we would have organize a Pesta Buih and trashed the whole dorm upside down.

Anyway, I feel like just mentioning a few things, the day to day stuffs that we went through. As sometimes we raked our memories of the truly good times and bad times we have of a place, we completely forgot the ordinary, nice day to day stuffs that we go through which makes life in the boarding place tengah-tengah tempat jin tendang tu more bearable.

Cream Crackers Galore
After Isya' we would drop by the dewan makan for some biscuits and Milo. If there is no biscuits or we don't feel like hanging out at dewan makan, the cup of Milo would be brought to our dorm room and we would melepak la di tengah2 dorm beramai, with balang cream crackers and biscuit Marie, bergossip. It would be an even more bising if it is nearing the end of semester and we must finished all those cream crackers. So even more balang of biscuits in the middle of the dorm, with even more time spent laughing and giggling over stories or gossips.

Letters
When you have a boyfriend in another school, letters is such a nice way to keep in touch. I used to write insanely long letters. 6 PAGES LONG in average! He used to say that he loved receiving those. But then he dumped me. So tah la? Prolly he hated it. Heh. Anyway, he used to write quite long letters too, and at the end, there would usually be some nonsensical babble written. I showed them to my friend and she helped me figure out those stuffs as it is written in code kinda like 1 4 3 is I Love You. Yeah. *snickers* Corny. Whatever.

But receiving those letters was the grand highlight of the week. You never know if you would receive the letter because the wardens were filtering letters sent to students to make sure no hanky panky is going on, so any suspicious letter would be simpan by the warden.

The Prep Time
I hate those prep time. But I also love them because this is the time that I usually go to the next class to gossip. Usually nearing the end of prep time when people would get a little bit restless, the students would then go from one class to another to just joke around, gelak-gelak and be completely annoying to those goody 2 shoes yang asyik "Shhhhh" even when someone cough. And yeah, I don't study much during those prep time. Bile warden or the teacher in charge datang, mula la semua bertempiaran lari. Especially kapel-kapel yang jumpa discreetly di depan class or tepi tangga ituuuuu.

Balik from bercuti
Its not exactly fun to be back from home and face the strict regime of boarding school life. But the highlight was when the kids brought back home-cooked/made food courtesy of their mother. Bile malam/petang tu masing-masing kumpul all yang mom dah bagi, Nasi Ayam, Ayam Sambal, Nasi Lemak and all that to have a mini feast on the dorm. Each tasting a lil bit of everything. I also remembered one of my friend; I think Kureng, (we called her Kureng, her name is perfectly lovely) whose mom always gave her this REALLY ULTRA DELISH homemade pineapple jam. It was incredibly gooood. We finished her jam in about a week, slathering it generously on our cream crackers.

Okay, those are the few ones I could think of and the post is getting a tad bit long anyway. I think Shu and Aidil would have a few things they would agree or disagree on what they think was fun on the day to day life during SBP kan kan kan?

Comments

Taqiyuddin said…
my mrsm days are filled with mean people. hmm, maybe i'm also mean to people. but thats beside the point. the point is, people are mean to me. but the chicks are nice though. but i was a nerd... well at least i've got this nerdy self image, but i guess other people might see me as a somewhat a problem dude. i hear those kinds are hot with chicks. but heck i don't get as much chicks attention back in those days (not to say that i get more chicks attention later on in life... wife don't count cause she don't have a choice). well at least i didn't get to send letters to chicks. but hey, the most memorable thing from back in those days would be the smell of fungus. yeah, everytime i smell this certain musty fungusy odor, i recall my mrsm days. and of course bad memories tend to fade with time, replaced with only the good ones. but truth is, those days aren't kind. if given a choice to go back to those days, i think i'd tidy up my room and draw more. and learn to play football. oh and be more wary of so called friends. i think one of them actually stole my walkman. sheesh. some friend huh.
Anasfadilah said…
ahhhh SBP

1. tak suka tau warden filter surat,im lucky enough cikgu kelas adalah juga warden,jadi macam rapat,dia filter ala kadar saja...lalala.. 143..miahahhaha! ok itu adalah corny..but who cares

2. prep petang i sleep mos of the time,ada cikgu dtg ambil gambar those students yang tido time tu,and i one of them,hahah.prep malam rajin sikit..sikit je

3. saya juga tak suka schedule yg ditetapkan,rasa tak bebas,waktu ini kena tido,waktu ini kena belajar,waktu itu utk bersokan..argh! bosan.

4. cream crackers,sgt suke..banyak tin biskut bermacam perisa krim..emmm..tapi rasa air milo di sbp saya rasa gula,kaler je mcm milo

5. balik cuti konon bawak buku nak study kat rumah.harammmm! tak sentuh pon!miahahha!

6. my mom selalu tapaukan nasi with sambal ikan tenggiri whenever balik semula ke sekolah.. no,i dont share my food thank you..kerana sambal ikan adalah sgt precioussss!hahahah..teruk betul.
Dils said…
Taqi:
How are they mean to you eh?

Fungus is rampant at boarding school. Tho I dont exactly remembered the smell.

Oh and our SBP prohibit the use of Walkman, which totally sucks. Oh, and light fingered disease was also rampant if in boarding schools.


Dila:
I am a bit more active during prep petang. A bit only. Time malam slalu aku tido. Hoh... What do you expect when you wake up kids at 5 am kan?

Oh, homework selalu dibuat dengan frantically sehari sebelum balik asrama kan....
Shu said…
1)mostly, i agreed with you especially ~ "Gah! I hate my SBP.".. :p likely bcz we went to the same ones? :P

2) one of my letters did stucked with the warden. (itu yg aku tau la.. yg tak tau ntah ler) ceit. ape la dia nak buat pun.

3) prep.. hee is my sleeping time. evening ke, nite ke. time riadah, sibuk buat homework. ntah ape2. adra selalu kena woke me up. tapi buku dah siap bukak semua, in case warden dtg. pastu balik hostel lepas prep, turun tangga gelap kat bukit tu dgn mata terkebil2. huh.

what i like abt the sbp we went, other than I made a lot of nice friends, that the school&hostel is much cleaner than my prev. other than that.. erm.
Soraya Zainal said…
haha...

About the letters, I used to write longggggg letters yang macam journal dah and posted it to my "pen pal" back then. Guess what? Normally I will received even a longer letter from him... kirenye sape yang consistently dpt surat every week tu mmg agak glamour la :P

pasal all the schedule tu, I need it actually... sbb kalau x pasal ade all the time table tu, haram aku nk sentuh buku... saye sungguh tak berdisiplin, sbb tu sy terpakse masuk SBP utk stadi...huhu
Mogen Ali Rico said…
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..sape yang selalu couple kat sekolah nieeeeeee..isk iskk..kecik2 dah pandai..lalalallala
Dils said…
Shu:
Hehe.. tu la. I think why I hate my SBP is that most of the teachers sucks. Except for our English teacher kan. Sume stok nak merajuk , meleleh2 air mata je.

Have to agree that our SBP was clean. Most of us memang jaga kan toilet. Rarely nak sinki tersumbat. or tah hape2.



Sue:
Hehe.. Best kan tulis surat. Its like a journal pon, you write sikit sikit actually. Bile ade free time, tulis. Then end of the week, masukkan sume tu in the envelope.


Aidil:
Hahaha... siapakah itu yang selalu berjumpa di tepi tangga antara Kelas Intan dan Baiduri itu...

Aku pon dah lupa.
Unta@Jitra said…
I like my SBP years... siyes... sume rules tu dibuat utk student2 nakal ni langgar! hahahaha

1) Lompat pagar (fly)... veteran status... xpenah kantoi... pastu ade beberapa fes timers nk try, kantoi. I AM LEGEND

2) Smoking... hehe... dlo2 xmampu beli rokok batang... terpaksa laa lyn PALLEK aka rokok daun tembakau jawa

3) Syarikat (High Council mcm STAR)... ade power utk pukul budak2 jahat... kesalahan paling dahsyat - mencuri... konfem lunyai

4) Hoih jahat gile aku... tu blom masuk skodeng lg

Panjang citenye SBP but those times adalah masa yg paling aku treasure. Love letters? Siap buat envelope sendiri beb... pakai magazine hahaha
Dils said…
haha.. kalo at my place, nak fly pon rase macam tak guna je. Tengah2 ladang kelapa sawit. Wat penat je. Baik duduk dlm bilik ... tido!

Hoh! KO SKODENG? hahaha
chics said…
I hate my schooling days. Benci sampai I blocked some of the unpleasant memories, benci sampai I told myself that I would not let my children go there [unless they really want :( ]

Satu je yang aku suka, the friendship yang last till now
Dils said…
Oh I agreed. Aku takkan kasik la anak-anak aku masuk SBP. Maybe STF (haha) TKC, SSP, well at least those schools got good teachers kan.

Some of the teachers there, have zero experience, no enthusiasm and have no interest in students but only themselves. Budak-budak pon bole nampak mende2 camtuh kan. Those teachers membuatkan aku tamoh jadi cikgu, cause I don't want to be them.

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.