Skip to main content

Few things before

... that I used to think was ultimate kewlness. (The term kewlness I took from Taqi, who likes to use that term)

Disclaimer: Hey, Maybe these things still rock your boats or not, but this is my personal opinion on these and I don't judge people if they want them (Ok. Maybe a little). Fine?

Heels
Dahulu, aku terpengaruh tengok cite hape tah where someone said ".. but heels make my butt looked slimmer". And I am sold! Anything to minimize this mega-butt of mine. I also used to think that, as long as you are young and not pregnant and spinal tulang masih belom bengkok, you need to rock that heels. So dulu stupidly I will buy a cheap pair of heels (tho quite attractive) and when it pinches and blistered I will just grit my teeth and tahan. All in the name of looking 0.0001 percent prettier. WTF right?

Now... Not so much. I could count with 1 hand how many times I had wore heels this year. And wearing heels while lugging your laptop around? Menyakitkan. Nak berjalan laju-laju ke sana sini? Orang yang super klutz like me slalunye mestiiii ade peristiwa yang akan memalukan diri sendri. Pakai selipar pon I fall quite regularly, apatah lagi heels.

But! This does not mean I abhor heels. I just don't think it is the kewlest thing ever or a thing I need to wear constantly. As there are some clothes looked nicer with heels and jika ke function a little heels would be darn nice, I'll wear it once in a while. But nowadays I will make sure my pretty clothes goes with a comfortable, sensible, pair of heels.



Designer Bags
Few years back when I looked outside Marc Jacobs or Tods stores, mulalah salivating and promise to myself "I will buy this!" "I will!", all rapt and shining eyes.

Sekarang. Yes, masih jua teruja tengok designer bags yang mahal-mahal ini. But I am feeling blah about it. Every Minah, Ah Siew and Kamala seems to have LV or Couch or ape2 lak yang riban riban. Macam affordable pulak tengok sume orang pakai.

Kenkonon I am too kewl for words, so buying designer bags when everyone is doing so is sooo not my thing k (bimbo mode sekejab) . Also *looked at dompet*, which 7-11 nak aku rompak for me to afford an LV. Angan-angan bimbo squashed. Then kalo dah beli beg ribu ribu itu, kalo aku tapaw nasi lemak + sambal ikan bilis petai (tidak, aku tak masak, beli semata-mata) and masuk ke dalam beg for my breakfast consumption...

Dengan itu, I am comfortable to buy my usual cheap bags ala-ala Sg Wang mali or the one I bought in Vietnam. Ada Coach keluarkan beg yang ade bling-bling, embroidered butterflies and flowers bagai ? Nope, I don't think so. If there are indeed, I can also easily retract my statement as I don't fancy wasting my surfing time to browse over their site.

So the thing is buying designer handbags is getting less tempting day by day, as I am just as satisfied with a cheap and pretty one. Or just cheap, as honestly unless I have a few Ks to spare every months, I just couldn't afford it. And with all things I can't afford, I don't really care about it. Yups, this goes also for expensive clothes.


Expensive Skin Care Products
I used to envy people who wear things such as SKII, Dermalogica, Biotherm and the likes.

Then I though why should I? My skin while nothing to shout about I think it is ok enough using RM20 and RM10 products. And sometimes when I bought this moisturizer la, cream and all that, I rarely used it pon. Hmmm.

So in the mean time, I will wear my pharmacy bought inexpensive products and bile rase dah kurang jelita I will fork out more. Unless husband mahu support untuk kasik wife lebey jelita? Hehe.


Keeping up with the Kardashians Latest Music and Bands
When I was young I thought that it is imperative that my music is up to date or at the very least be active in finding out which songs or bands you might like. *Also I remembered when I was teenager that I listened regularly to the top 40s and top 20s. Then I will be REALLY excited when my favorite song get to be No. 1. Really excited as in jumping up and down clapping hand excited. Yes, it was .... I don't know how to explain that. Weird, idiotic, embarassing?*

Now... meh. I am content to hear lagu-lagu yang I had heard 10 times every week from 10 years ago. I wondered if I am even musically backwards. The thing that I like usually comes from soundtracks. So I will google it up, if I remembered it. Local bands jangan cakap la. I have no idea who MUH is, not until this year.

So, if I like it enough I will look for it. If not, I will just listen to my Radiohead mp3 for the umpteenth time.


p/s: The * sentence I had just added a few hours after this post been published, because I had just remembered I totally did this. Heh.


Comments

Taqiyuddin said…
There are points in my life that i'd look in the mirror to look for a mature wise and worldly person only to see the same old me looking back. And always i'd say to myself that all those experiences that i've accumulated did not change me for the better. But the thing is, we do change, we change all the time, only that once we do, we won't recognize our old self and we are fooled into thinking that we've stayed the same all this years. We change a lot, to the point that we could not understand why we do the things we do back then. There's a lot of times where i fear that i'd lose touch with my children when i'm old. in fact, i get angry for the things that my son did that i think i'd love to do if i'm his age.

natijahnya... Lets Rock The House Outttttt Yattaaaaaa~~~~!!!!!!!!! p(^0^)q
Taqiyuddin said…
Eh! Double Postssssssss~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!
Unknown said…
Me too. Sometimes the ruge nak beli beg designer tu ada gak timbul tapi takdela seteruk dulu, kalau tak dapat pon takpe. Lagipun like you said, macam phostatla, tak best ah.

Lain-lain pon sama, sekarang lebih tertumpu ke acara makan dan tido hehe
Dils said…
Taqi:
Yes. Double the posts! I had deleted one of em tho.

Oh, we used to think if you let yourselves change it is bad. But it is part of life lessons. Kalo tak change, then like you don't live.



Chics:
Haih. Betul. Lagi excited pikir nak makan mana setiap kali datang wiken. Bile kerja pon, lunch hour is the best!
Anonymous said…
Dils, ur just getting old. That's why the teen stuff don't excite you anymore HAHAHAHA :p

p/s: What's a Kardashians?
Dils said…
You are saying I am OLD!!!!

Hahaha. Ah well, to be fair, 3 out of 4 things I mentioned is not really 'teen' stuffs.

So I don't agree on different from teenager. Haha.. just like, people change. Their taste, their likes and dislikes so forth.

Google up Kardashians.
Shu said…
i used to like high heels. i got lots of them till my mum complained. but then, since past 3 years i prefer my flats which are much much much comfortable, considering the long walk to the parking with the notebook to carry. at certain occasion, still use high heel la. menambah ketinggian yg kurang nih.

i think, mostly we are going to the same changes. maybe bcz ppl simply change and there are times, certain things matter, but at some point in future, we don't really care about it anymore.

i got bored easily, so sometimes things-i-like tend to change regularly except those exceptional ones.

..very unstable ones..
Dils said…
heh, yeah, I guess we prioritize on whats more important kut. Hehehe.
Soraya Zainal said…
dils,

heels: I love heels.. haha.. maybe sebab nak balas dendam mase kecik i spend my life as a tomboy kot. I can't live without heels nowadays... I can wear heels while shopping all day long... and mind you, my heels height x prnah kurang dr 3 inci... huhu...

designer bags: x pernah salivating yet, maybe sebab i prefer mid range brand kot. lgpon, harga satu bag same dgn sebulan gaji -_-" besides, my principle when buying bags/wallet is the price for that things cannot worth more than the cash in my wallet :P

expensive skin care: with a bad skin like mine, i need some of it... if not a full range la kan.. huhu

keeping up with music: i need to... haha since my mom pon layan flyfm and xfresh, cane aku nk jwb bile die tanye pasal lagu beyonce or miley cyrus and aku terpinga2?

err... tibe2 perasan, how different we are kan dils?
Dils said…
hehe.. yeps yeps, tapi tak semestinye tak boleh lepak di mamak sama. Hehehe...

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.