Skip to main content

Curious Case of ... ?

There is a curious sight I found during lunch break earlier. After aimless wandering at Sogo, I decided to take the lift down to the supermarket area.

Getting into the lift I am slightly befuddled at the sight of a very smartly dressed lady in a kebaya asking us (in rather bad English) if we would like to go to "Ground" level. I mumbled something incomprehensible back. Never mind that she was speaking English badly, because even if she speak perfect Queen's English I would still fumbles my word. She was dressed to the 9 as if there is an annual dinner ongoing, complete with heavy makeup, overdone hair and an overpowering smell of perfume that threatened to mortally harm you if you stay in her vicinity too long. She's wearing a Sogo name tag and I wondered if she is a very helpful employee here.

I am even more curious to find out that her job is obviously the lift itself as before the lift door closes she stepped out for a while and somewhat wailed "Going down!" (okay, she 'said'... but it sounded more like wailing, honestly) and came back in the lift. Looking down, I am surprised to find that her demure kain kebaya had quite a long slit up to the higher part of the thigh, almost reaching the pelvic area. This slit is not the peekaboo type where you can see a glimpse of a thigh when a woman walk, type of slit. It is more of a gash long slit snaking up to show a half a thigh even when a woman just stand around slit. She's wearing a black silk stockings at least. Hmmmm.

At last I reached my floor and can scurries out before I ogled her some more. I think all the people in the lift are visibly relieved to get out of the overly perfumed elevator. At least she seems pretty cool enough just stared at the spot above my head when the people in the lift including moi are gawking at her. I can't help it ok.

Oh, on Saturday I finally got a book that I had been hunting for quite a while but it went suspiciously MIA in all the bookstores I think to look at.

It was this book.


Noticed the book about a year or 2 back at Kino when I considered to buy it but bought the Memory Keeper's Daughter instead. Kekonon nak baca deep stuffs. Bah! Depressing stuff it turned out to be. Which is why now I am staying the hell away from Jodi Picoult.

Anyway back to the book, from the synopsis it sounds like Indiana Jones meet Dan Brown. Hmmm. Not to mention I have an unhealthy obsession with the 7 Ancient Wonder of the Worlds. So I decided around this year, I will buy the book. But alas, I couldn't find it. Too annoying.

Imagine my delight when I found the book during my daily browse on online book shopping. At RM24. Saving myself around RM8 if bought at its retail price. Kewlness! Happy! Had I read it yet? No. My husband is currently engrossed in the book. Quite a curious sight actually. I never see him pick up a book (that don't involve photography or boring things such as engineering or study stuffs) before.

"Is it any good?" I asked him excitedly.

"Bolehlah". He answered nonchalantly. Gah!

Comments

btw

speaking about Dan Brown. his new book is coming up this september. yet another Rob Langdon novel! the first one in six years

i cant wait!!
Some said…
ada sumtin pasal buku tu yg takleh nak stop baca....was it good?...best...tp kalo buat movie tak best if in 3 hours...
Dils said…
Effi:
And people would unbearable about it. Hehehe... But it would be interesting to see what he would come up next.


Some:
Taw kenape. Sebab buku tu banyak gamba? Hahaha....

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.