Skip to main content

Rumah Patung

So now I had watched 3 episodes of Dollhouse.



So far so good I say.

Okay, for those not in the know. A little summary. Dollhouse is a new series from Joss Whedon (who created series like Firefly, Buffy and Angel). Its about an organization providing 'specialized' agents to clients who requires certain requests. These agents (called Actives) will be given various personalities and skills necessary to complete their assignments. After their assignments had been done, their personality, skills and memories of their assignments will be wiped clean. So the agents themselves when not in their assignments mode, is just a blank slate., escribed as innocent children walking around. (The Island clones come to mind when I heard it). Here, Eliza Dushku character is Echo.

The pilot episode was a bit underwhelming. You kinda goes like "Hmmmmm. Ok". The first eps deals with a distraught father whose daughter was kidnapped. So he hired one of this Actives (of course its Eliza Dushku) as a negotiator. The stories and all seems OK. But I was kinda pissed when the father kept on pushing the Actives and why should they be good enough, what is their emotional drive to be a negotiator. Gah! Kalo you keep on questionings, why not just pay for a real negotiators.

The 2nd episode was badass. It was a pretty thrilling episode. Love it. Reminds me a bit of "Wrong Turn". (A movie about cannibalistic family that hunts down E.D and friends). This episode supposedly was to be the pilot. But they were worried people might not totally understand the whole concept of Actives so they remake the pilot and this episode is shoved to number 2. Though it was a bit confusing trying to keep up with the characters and what they do or suppose to do, I have to say that this episode is actually far better served for a pilot.

The third episode is where Echo have to be a sort of bodyguard to a pop star singer. The weakest episode of the three, but it have one of the few best moments and really surprising revelation here. And I love it when a series had a totally "OMG that's what?" moments. Not many shows manage to do this convincingly.

The show is a bit shaky I'll say. But so far it is far better than a few new series these seasons. (This season is a pretty bad seasons for new series). A few of flawed writings. Like they set up an idea but it did not manage to pull through. And I am still waiting for Eliza Dushku to widen her range a bit than just badass mode. Her negotiator role is OK at best. However, I love the idea behind this show. So far the show is a procedural show, but I think it is in the stage of finding its footing. Just like Buffy did!

I do hope they would shown other Actives in their assignments. It would provide some variety to the show a bit.

Macam biasa, I will keep on watching until the end or its premature end. Whichever come first.


p/s: I love Boyd! (He is Echo's handler/bodyguard)

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.