Skip to main content

Food Diaries: JB

Went back to JB last weekend. Sahaja balik bersantai dan makan-makan.

If balik JB my mom will cook up a storm with sajian-sajian seperti rojak, ketam masak lemak, sambal udang, nasi tomato dan pelbagai lagi la. Berat jua akan naik. Tsk.

Also there are a few favorite places that I like to frequent to get my fix on certain food yang hanya ada di JB. Or more like aku rase paling sedap kat situ la. Among the places yang sempat dikunjungi or food yang sempat disantap are as below shown in pics.

The femes goreng pisang at Galeri Mawar. (Kim Florist tu tadek kena mengena). The goreng pisang is being sold at the pondok biru ituh. Nowadays there are also some chairs and tables setup just outside the pondok for people to enjoy their plate of goreng pisang with their favorite drinks ala-ala al fresco.

I think it was famous because the Sultanah like to singgah there to get her goreng pisang fix. It was good la. But not as good as the goreng pisang at the juction to Batu Gajah tu (dekat Tronoh). If that goreng pisang is combine with kuah cili kicap ... sangat best.

Best eaten while being accompanied with a book and teh ais. Heh. Sheema's book to be exact. Takpe Sheema, buku itu sudah dibalut.

At first I thought I would take a pass on the yong tau fu then my husband sound "Nanti bile dah balik KL bising-bising cakap tak bawak gi makan yong tau fu". Wahaha. So we went to Kampung Melayu and was delighted to find that maseh ade banyak lagi. Sangat suke.


ABC Ceklat. Wow wheee! Tapi best jika dikongsi as was too full. Both of us didn't manage to habiskan the ABC. So when we came back dari melantak ABC and yong tau fu adalah sangat kenyang.

Itu je la yang sempat di-snap. The others, makan home cooked meal sahaja.

Other than eating, manage to also catch the movie Dragonball at the Cathay Cineplex. Kinda blah! My viewing pleasure was also diminished by a person sitting in front where kepala die telah memblock 1/4 of my view of the screen. Also there was this obnoxious girl who keeps on giggling and mentioning to her boyfriend of all the stuffs that is also in the comic. Ugh, so you read the comics. So does half of the viewers in the cinema. I don't hear them mentioning it out aloud every 5 minutes. Tolonglah sepak diri sendiri if you are these type of person when watching a movie. Jika mahu berbincang, just wait after the movie and keluarkan all of your knowledge at makan-makan sessions.

All these stuffs just make you feel like buying pirated DVDs je ok. Sakit hati.

Comments

Anasfadilah said…
miss la makan goreng pisang cecah cili hitam tu..sanagt sedapppp!

kat jhor je jumpe.. T_T

nanti kirim aci ke?
Dils said…
Huhuh... wat sendri je Dila. That's what I always do kalau dah kepingin sangat.

Tumbuk cili, bawang putih and gula and add it to the kicap and water a bit. Sometimes I put just a little bit of limau nipis in it.
SheeMa said…
Waah teliur seh tgk Yong Tau Foo !! Eh eh teringat Yong Yee Foo jugak.hahaha...

cantik dah buku i :) thanks kerna membalut. XOXO
iceroll said…
Aaahh i noticed the cili kicap. I first went to JB when I was form 5, first encounter with Goreng Pisang makan dgn cili kicap. Mula2 mcm pelik, tp pakcik tuh mcm pelik tgk kitorang dok order again and again, die tny, korang tak penah makan cicah cili kicap ke? "Tak penah". Patut lee. Haha. Mmg pelik tp sedap. rupa2nya org Johor mmg makan gitu.

Bab movie lak, I went out with this girl to watch a movie, lps tuh die tny, "Why the silent?" I was like, "Ermm... because we are watching the movie??" "Wah concentratenye." Blerghh. Some people just love talking while watching.
Dils said…
Sheema:
Itu adalah yong tau fu sup yg paling sdap sekali. For moi and the family and la.


Iceroll:
Huhuh. The one bad thing about cili kicap is, it makes it harder to stop eating goreng pisang once sudah dicicah. Bile dah habis sume pisang goreng itu, then I add all the kerak in the kuah and makan kerak tu pulak. Hoho...

Hahaha... lepas tuh ko ajak die tengok wayang lagi tak? Ade ke die bising-bising tanya macam-macam dalam cinema?
Anonymous said…
Dem...that abc looks damn delicious. pisang dgn yong tau fu tu jumpa lg kat muor... tp abc camtu takpenah lg!

(how much was it? it looks expensive though..)

ah..a girl keeps talking/giggling in the cinema. tell me about it. methinks me stuck with one T_T
Dils said…
ABC tu dengan ice cream lagi. RM3. OK ar tu...

Ade orang cakap, ABC ceklat ni banyak at JB je. Angsana pon ade, tapi favorite is kat Kg Melayu ni la. Sodap!
cleo weiland said…
OMG you're a fan of the Batu Gajah pisang goreng too eh! The girls and I drive out there at least once a week, usually on hot evenings during the weekdays after a blah day at class. The texture is one of a kind I think, I'm not sure how they make the batter so unique. And yeah I'm always dipping them in the chilli sauce as a sad substitute for the awesome cili kicap.

I miss home. Can't wait to go back this week yeay!

Aside from the movie, I think you had a great time in good ol JB!

PS: Iceroll, ditch the bitch already. LOL
Dils said…
That goreng pisang is the best. If nampak makcik tu jual mesti beli. And the cekodok is ginormous.
Anonymous said…
ahh rindunya aku goreng pisang mawar!!! dulu selalu lepak sana dgn mariam, nai, tim & sarah ptg2.. last skali thn lepas sblm pindah sini ..

apsal abc ni melampau btol coklat dgn kacang dia. benci btol aku tengok waktu2 thari camnih.
Dils said…
Stall situ punye ABC mmg tak lokek ngan coklat and kacang die!
alexa said…
dils, kedai yg jual yong tou fu & ABC tu nama apa eh? different kedai ke kedai yg sama? ke kat kampung melayu tu mmg ada satu kedai aje? and galeri mawar tu kat area mane...? ingat nak pi jb this weekend. tingin nak rase sbb dlm gambaw tu nampak sodap :D
Dils said…
Tak ingat la nama gerai tu. Die kat kampung Melayu nye food court. Serious tak ingat nama jalan situ and nama gerai. Gerai die mengadap rumah-rumah. Depan gerai tu ade orang jual sate and otak2. Heh... lain kali kalau i go again, bole la nak double confirm nama jalan and nama gerai.

Galeri MAWAR, is in between Hyatt Regency hotel and E.C (English College or Maktab Sultan Abu Bakar). Try cari dua landmark ni, jumpa la Mawar tu.

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.