Skip to main content

If you can't win. Don't even try.

A month or so back, I had an IM conversation with one of my ex. Before that, we split somewhat unamicably with me furiously wanting to leave him. And he furiously do not want me to leave him. Haha. I remembered that he said I would regret it. Bah! I hate it when a guy said that. I would proceeded to try my damnedest that I would not regret it. So even today I NEVER regret it :P

Anyway after a while he was cordial and friendly back to me. Because he found another lady that win his love. I couldn't care much less nor more. But its fine anyway and I rarely hold a grudge (rarely not never ok) so I am friendly enough. But our conversation are limited to like once or twice a year.

Back to the first sentence in this post, I can't remember if I IM him or not, usually we talk vaguely on how you doing and how's work before ending it with a 'later'. But that day we were a tad bit chatty per usual before he was asking me this question " So you are never going to get married eh?"

First of all, I was rather taken aback. I mean I got the usual question probing in the dark of "when are you getting married" from the exes or friends or scandal. Tapi ini macam memerli la weh. Hahaha. So I got my defenses up and just replied "What? You think I am not the type to get married ke"

Which he then quickly proceeded to make excuses for the questions and steering the conversation away from relationship questions. ( Kalau aku marah agak hebat jugak la kan) But from that question I got curious and asked him regarding his relationship status. See? Be direct. You will get an answer. And his answer is he is in a relationship but it seems like there seems to be some bump in the road. I listened and gave my worthless thoughts on it and don't think much of it later except he is rather too reminiscent during that conversation.

Anyway, a few weeks later we got back in the usual IM conversation on how things are blabbety blah blah, before he ask me a question

Him: "If you don't mind and free, maybe we could have a berbuka puasa together?"

Me: "Erm... well.. I wouldn't mind exactly if my fiance do not mind".

Adalah a very pregnant pause di situ. Hahaha... Honestly I have no qualms in meeting a guy or my ex for lunch or whatever unless my fiance have problems with it and of course preferably if he (fiance) would be there. Saya tunang yang baik ok! Wheeeeeee! I would mind if he would meet his ex hahaha, but do not mind as much if he meets other girls. Tetapi I DEMAND HADIAH BESAR if fiance do that ok.

Well, he then proceeded to reply back, " But you said the other day you are not getting married. I asked you!"

I was getting sizzlingly irritated because first of all, I do not like to answer probing question. I do not like to give them the satisfaction. I would usually evade the question unless you asked me directly. Contoh2 soalan yang agak puaka " Tadek cik abang ke yang pick you up after work?", "Weekend ni tadek plan ape2 with someone special ke?". Gah! Tanye je la single ke tak or if you got a boyfriend? Tak susah pon kan? And why should you be so accuse-y about it. Suke aku la nak ke tanak bagitahu kat sesape yang aku nak. Ade yang aku bagitahu. Ade yang buang masa je aku bagitaw.

I just replied that he didn't ask the question and I apologized for his assumption (aku malas nak memanjangkan cerita and I am basically a nice person. Hihu and still... he did asked me if I am never going to get married in a very hypothetical way which looks kinda insulting which insulted me tapi malas la nak bring that up)

He then proceeded to ask me when the wedding and I answered. He didn't ask to come, and I macam malas nak invite.

And after that, rather laughably he proceeded to tell me what he and his girlfriend will be doing in the next few months and how he missed his girlfriend. (Baru je 2 weeks before kau cakap kau ngan die bercakap pon jarang and you are getting sick of it and mahu end the relationship. Adakah ayat kaver line beginih!!!)

Hahaha. Guys are so transparent. Tak payah la cakap pasal how happy you are with your girlfriend if you had been talking problems about your relationship before kan? Macam dah agak terlewat? Bukan? Just say you are happy for her, offer your congratulations and ask the necessary question then move on to another more pleasant topic je la kan? Huhu... mengapa perlu transparent and top it off with your own relationship bliss when its not particularly blissful or its not going to happen (It is now Oct and I haven't heard a wedding yet. I would kill myself before asking his best friend if he is indeed getting married or not)

Ah well. Tah hape2 la kan. As for our next pleasant IM conversation? I predicted that he would IM me again.... never.

Update: Eh, I spoke too soon. He had just IM me. Heeeee!


Comments

Taufiq Marq said…
LOLROFLLMAO.

This post has brighten my day yang tengah tensi dengan work ni. Hihu.

But it is not FBI top secret, yang sebenarnya lelaki ni memang pemalu. Tak reti nak cakap terang terangan. =p

p/s : Balik Johor Raya ni?
ska_ocean said…
hi dear dilla-dew~ lame x tgk 'umah' ko kan? aku rindu gile nak bace post ko... hari ni mood malas aku dah dtg (sbb nak cuti panjang)... so, aku pown surf la kat blog ko nih... hmmm, Selamat Hari Raye... x upload pic baru ke? nak jer aku tgk perkembangan ko...
Dils said…
taufiq:
Hhuhu... bole je nak cakap terang-terangan tu kalau paksa diri.

Balik JB. Tapi lewat sikit la. Beraya di JB la thn ni ye?


lee:
Hehe.. aku mmg jarang sikit upload pic2 ni. Kalau upload pon ade la sikit kat Friendster. Facebook pon jarang surf through.

Aku pon tgh bermalasan. Tak sabar nak cuti rasenye
pergh..

i dont hate my exes but i dont keep in contact. they pm me from time to time and asking questions like

dah ada awek?
bila nak grad?

bah! bosan. i agree.amat marah ok!

and if they ask me to meet them i would say no. not even if the mrs know about it. thats like giving her excuses to nag me if we got into an argument later. ha ha
Dils said…
Oh... I do keep in contact. Hehe.. tp skarang ni macam malas. But I try to be friendly la if they contact me.

Its quite irritating answering those questions, agreed. Especially from the exes.

I wouldn't mind so much meeting an ex. As usually I would be dragging someone else too, but I usually would make some excuses at the last minute... Haha...

Fiance would not mind so much but for a couple of guys which he would mind and I steer clear of. Haha.. ( I think...)
Shu said…
i was sleepy.. now my eyes bley bukak sket..
Dils said…
hehe.. saba saba.. cuti raya tidak lama lagi. Tapi pastuh lps raya mesti lagi lemak.

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.