Skip to main content

Some people are incompetent

I read the story of this woman murder and was left feeling ... despair.

It tells the story of a how a woman try her damnedest in all her physical and intelligence power to survive and ask for help, yet still doesn't come out alive.

What saddened me more is how the case is also botched by a missed 911 call. The case of where dispatchers forgot to inform the police on the streets who is on the lookout for this girl, of the 911 tips they received and agents not following up. I don't know the stressful working environment of an emergency line call center (911, 999, whatever emergency line set up), so maybe people and me are judging them harshly.

However, if an important call somehow get lost through, there is usual some kind of repercussion. And this call probably had indirectly caused a life lost. The agents should have at least follow up. They didn't. They should have logged it in the system, they didn't (in my previous job as a call center agent that is ground for dismissal especially for critical customers). There are so many BASIC things that as a call center agents what more ;a 911 operator and police dispatchers where calls are about life and death matters, should know that I understand how people much less the family of the deceased can get angry. A 60 hour suspension... seems trivial.

This make me think of a past local news story on how a domestic problem not being taken up seriously and resulted in a girl's death. I can't remember the full details of the story, but as far as I can remember a girl called the police or 999 and informed that the boyfriend is going on full pyscho mode on her and was trying to kill her. But the police simply raked it up as a simple domestic problem ( perempuan manakah yang mengada2 saje2 je call polis cakap boyfriend saya nak bunuh saya?) and didn't send anyone. I think her father or abang discovered her bloody body the next day. She was stabbed repeatedly. The father expressed his sadness and displeasure on how the case was handled but I can't remember reading it any longer. This just prove the complete incompetence of some people when handling an emergency call.

I myself remembered calling for help, when a "Mat Salleh" woman was stabbed at Petaling Street few years back. The call center agent is such a moron that I myself kinda hope that she had change her job as a sales assistant where the most she could botched up is by looking dumbly at a customer while people are asking her question. She kept on asking me where I am, and I informed her. She kept repeating the same question, and at the same time sounding mighty pissed off which make me pissed off . She tell me where in Petaling Street exactly. I said I have no idea, I am new in KL. I think I said some of the thing which I saw which she dismisses. I mean hello... I was like 19 I think, so I maybe a tad bit gullible at time. But couldn't you have lead me a bit on how to help, how exactly I can describe my surrounding. Do you expect people to immediately know this while a woman is screaming in pain in front of them while her husband is going around panicky asking for help.

Some people are such an incompetent fool that it amazed me why people are paying them to do such shoddy job. Imagine my relief when a police officer emerged so I just ended the call immediately. I doubt that the idiotic agent is the one who send the officer.

I left Petaling Street that day with a complete faithlessness in our emergency response agents.

Comments

but you forget one thing. even if the call center manage to get there in time , the victim probably died anyway

i saw alot of accident videos on M90.org and liveleak. suprisingly there are loads of video from malaysia. taken using camera phone

this one vide.. very disturbing. the girl is on the street after a bike accident. the EMS just stare at her not knowing what to do. the body dah berpusing at the hips. like she is twisted 180 degrees. all i can hear the EMS guys said is " mengucap dik mengucap"..

what gave up already ke! do your job damn it. I grew up watching rescue 911 and in that show i saw loads of people saved even in impossible situations. this one chap was trapped underneath his car which toppled into a storm drain for 20 minutes. when they extricate him he is technically dead. no pulse no nothing. guess what.. the EMS never gave up. they sliced his chest and massage the heart MANUALLY using their bare hands!

that's commitment..

sometimes i think the EMS people just gave up when they say some really bad accident victim.

ok last story

this one video this guy already naked from the waist down. yet another rempit that failed his stunt. i think he fell while doing the superman. in the video you can see his perut pecah with some of his intestine terburai. his dick.. or what's left of it looks like mashed potato. i bet he fell on his tummy while doing 120. the EMS came.. pick him up and dump him on the stretcher. yes! just pick and go. no attempt to stabilize him. no neck brace.. no spine brace.. no stopping the bleeding . zilch. pick him up by his hands and legs.

bloody hell that's just bad! and you can hear orang ramai saying

"ish teruk budak ni. tak lama dah ni"

ihuhuhuh.. i love the internet! its full of lulz
Taqiyuddin said…
hmm, maybe the orang ramai saw his busted dick and decided that his life is not worth saving.
Dils said…
effi:
I said maybe. Because the real blame here lies with the killer himself. However, there is a an increase chance of survival... as that particular 911 call is the call from the witness who seen the victim last and know directly where the killer currently is as at that time, the police was in the lookout for her.

But its all in maybe. And yeah, I guess she might died anyway, but I guess the family are grasping at any chance that she might be alive if something had been done.


Huhu.. you know why those videos lots of it from Malaysians? Those idiots yg stop their cars and moto and causing a major jam, to whip out their phone and get this so called video of this really unfortch people who is suffering and dying so they can show later to their friends or to put up in their blog thinking they are so kewl and considerate.

Personally I abhor this kind of video. As IF it were ME, who is dying there, I do not want my pictures splayed all over the net as one of the many gore pics. Which is why I am sickened to my stomach when people think its OK to distribute the autopsy picture of Nurin.
taqi - YOU HAVE A POINT

but i kid you not dude. his nuts was dangling on some leftover skin of his scrotes. he just lay there like contenplating. no moans. deep down he must be thinking,

forget sex.. i will never be able to piss normally after this!

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.