Skip to main content

books oh books

I think I had read way more than this??

I am reading Wuthering Heights right now. A bit of a drag but not as a big of a drag as Scarlet Letter. I don't know why I keep on punishing myself to read these classics. But I like to know what is in the story and characters really like, when it had been referenced so many times in so many TV shows and books I read. So I push through, sometimes I skip the boring paragraphs. I really do not want to know what a cliff and the sea looks like anyway.

Some of the books I had read taken from my Goodreads are below. I won't write the plot synopsis. Much too lazy, but I like for it to be updated here. 

Also I had started on the Sookie Stackhouse series, 3 books for now, though I think I will only review it once I had finished the whole series. Which is gonna take a long time. I think there are 15 books altogether? Also the second last book is still about to come out??. Yeah. I am taking my time on that. Though I do say she is not much different from the series Sookie Stackhouse. I had already stopped watching True Blood, too much orgy, not much storyline. I would be intrigued to know how book Sookie would turn out. Series Sookie makes me feel like gnashing her head.

Anyway.. these are some that I had read. Oh I also read Projek Memikat Suami. My first Malay book in YEARS. Gile lama tak baca novel BM. It was a cute sweet story.


PreyPrey by Michael Crichton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A very good, fast read. A bit too fantastical for me, and at the end it kinda don't make sense, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. That is Michael Crichton for you.





DisclosureDisclosure by Michael Crichton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A good intense corporate drama. I like it, I like the tech jargon that goes into it and the research that had obviously done to make it believable. Though the full experience of the database lookup is just too fantastical and not at all helpful in real life scenario. But it makes for great scene.
Never watched the movie but I like how all the characters turned out anyway.



A Spot of BotherA Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A story of a dysfunctional family drama. I like Mark Haddon writings. His story is very realistic in how we deals with relationships and family. It feels realistic.

I won't say it is an enjoyable read, but it is also not a boring or depressing read. More to interesting, you want to know what is going to happen to this people and feels at the end of the day they should be able to pull themselves together.



The Scarlet LetterThe Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

It was meh for me. I don't get how did Hester and the Reverend manage to get together, he doesn't seem at all seems to care about her.. only how much he wronged her? So confused.

And this is consider a 'romantic' story? I don't know dude...



Projek Memikat SuamiProjek Memikat Suami by Hanina Abdullah
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cute sweet story. Bit too happy ending-ish dan 'segala-galanye untukmu suami'. She did have a backbone at the end, but I wish it was more. But it is still a pretty cute story. I like how Nawwal never give up attitude, nice characters. Though I don't like how all of the role models in the books gave up their job for their family. I am not saying it is bad, I also want to see another role model who juggle successfully work and marriage and family.



View all my reviews

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.