Skip to main content

An introduction...

Chapter 1, Part 1...

"Tap" " Tap..."

She looked out of the windows and felt her heart dropped a little. It had been increasingly dropping these past few days.

"Persistent ugly bastards.." she swore quietly and looked on. This time ignoring the creatures, she looked around the outskirt of the house.

Scanning the area, she quickly calculated her way out. Too easy, too dangerous, not good, no escape route, easy to be overpowered... She dismissed it one by one until she found just the right one.

"Such a bad idea.." talking to herself. It’s a habit that is hard to break, but she found a comfort in hearing the voice of a human being. Even if it’s her own.

Letting out a sigh, she closed her eyes for the moment. Eyes screwed shut and with fist clenched, she stood still as if contemplating her next move. Few seconds trickled by. A distant resounding crash was heard and her eyes flew wide open. She looked out the window again and saw that the neighbour car windows are now shattered. Her mouth set, she gathers her thoughts or more like courage, she thought grimly and went down to the kitchen.

Whistling a songless tune, she went through the kitchen cabinets and drawers. Foraging and tossing things out needlessly. The clatters and clangs of kitchenware falling to the floors and tables created a din that erased the nearing persistent tapping sound that she dreads.

When she went out, she is wearing a makeshift belt with several types of knives including a butcher knife tucked snugly in. She walked upstairs to the study and opens the door to the balcony.

Standing at the edge of the balcony, she looked down. The creatures are still tapping softly the onto the entries of the house. They still didn't notice her, she thought.

"Ready. Steady. Go..."

She sucked in a deep breath and jumped.

Comments

yes! i'm not lonely anyomore! even Dils make typos!

lol

but honestly.. nice start. what could be the creatures be. hmm.. this is josh wheedonesque i guess. blade.. creatures ... feeling trapped and bad ass heroine!

next please
Dils said…
Hahaha... typos... sometimes I never really noticed it after I had published... and I still can't see it unless somebody pointed it out.


Ah yes.. part 2 is already finished. Maybe I will publish it later...

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.