Skip to main content

There are some things that are better off only on the screens

One of em is being a mean bitch to another person.

We all love a good bitch. They translated deliciously on the screen and let's face it. We also secretly aspire to be one, like the girls in Mean Girls and Gossip Girl. Making clever snide hurtful remarks and dishing a good cold revenge served on a cold silver platter. However that prude called "conscience" always win.

I will admit I am kinda a bitch myself. I was sometimes part of the group, that made fun of that weird girl that won't shut up about how awesome things are. I used to tell myself that I let a certain 'fight' happened between 2 girls because I accidentally let a certain information slipped. However if I looked hard into myself, I know that it is just because I hated that girl and just like to see 'fireworks' happened for my own enjoyment. I knew perfectly well of the consequences. Ooohh I was a spiteful little thing.

But as I grew older, I like to think that I learned better. I am appropriately ashamed if I think about my behavior then. And I felt bad for some of the girls that I openly mocked of. I am still spiteful at times, but conscience or politeness or whatever positive hindrance it might be, made me bite my tongue. At times.

And I believe that is what most adults and especially mothers should know and learned. That we as teenagers are bratty. Emotional. Could not care a tuppence of others except own leisure. But we should know better right, when we grew up? When life experiences and karma had teaches us a lesson or two. That when we grew up, the basic line of right and wrong should be at least clear.

But I guess not all people benefit from adulthood. So when I learned of the Megan Meier case, I was horrified. I followed the Megan Meier case with interest few weeks/months back and now that the mother is being indicted it would be interesting (to say the least) on how legal laws are going to approach bullying in the WWW.

Those who are not familiar with the case, the summary is that a mother was impersonating as a 16 yr old boy to chat up a 13 yr old girl (Megan) in MySpace just so she could know what Megan was talking about her daughter. Basically what she did was built Megan hopes up and then sending it crashing down by sending cruel messages which led the depressed and suicidal girl to hang herself.

There are some disputes that she may not write the nasty comment but at one point or the other she was involved. And the thought that an adult think that it is fine to impersonate someone else to get information from a 13 year old girl... it seems petty, hurtful, childish and immature. Even when I was 14, I balked at such ideas.

Clearly common sense is not exercised by all human.

Comments

i read about the case as well. good thing that the mother will be prosecuted! justice.the sad thung is i think kids these days are too emotional. sikit2 want to suicide. no thanks to the emo movement. sigh..sad sad world they are living in.
Dils said…
I think as teenagers or... unstable teenagers... whichever you may call it, suicide thoughts run rampant in your head. It is only if you are grounded enough and think on how stupid throwing life away (and of course for Muslim, eternal damnation) that keep us grounded. Huhu.. its not just nowadays. In our days... its sadly pretty normal to see reports of 12 or 15 year old children/teenagers take their own life if they get poor result in exam.

I did think that probably the girl is a little spoilt and bratty, but after all she is a 13 year old girl/child.

And no adult should stoop to that level to hurt a child.
Anonymous said…
I think a large part of that is because kids grow up so much faster these days. They're networked now, and they're exposed to many things that they might not be able to handle yet.

But then again, Dilla is right too. I know I've harbored suicidal thoughts a few times. Obviously I never followed through on them. But maybe some people are more easily driven to such things.
kids grew up so fast because adults let them. hey these are the kids whose parents are rebels too. they think letting the kids be more adult is good thing. makes them cooler in the eyes of their children

in the end we have a generation of degenerates. i would love the see how the kids gonna be like in 2035. it will be fun!

NOT!
Dils said…
I keep on thinking and how would we be if we were born in 15th century.. or even 50 years ago. My guess is... totally different. I would probably be dead after too many childbirth and many of the guys my age would like they are in their 30s trying to find a way to eke out a living.

I guess the less responsibility we tried to foster off kids, the more fucked up they become? Maybe nature intended for us to be weary and saddled with responsibilities and the certainty of a boring living toiling away... to not entertain silly ideas?

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.