Skip to main content

Its So A (My) Review

So Election day is 8th March aight? Sungguh dekat tarikhnya. I still have no idea who to vote, or even if its I am voting (that is another tale altogether) but let's welcome the familiar sight that come only once in 4 or 5 years.


Like an Olympic events, I believe the election time is where avid photographers around Malaysia will have a fun field day in snapping various posters and such scenery. Yes. You know who you are.

Now to get to shallow topic for today. The idiot box issues! The writer strike is over. Yeay! Shouts all around. (This doesn't mean hoot for Malaysia tv but a lot for those who lovess the Internet as a source of entertainment more than their lover).

Too long ago I started a topic about new series. Let's recap those for my own amusement. Lagi pon dah lama tak filled in my labels for TV while I am an avid watcher of the idiot box.

Let's roll.

Gossip Girl

Is it any good?
Are you freaking crazy? Its. The. Best. Thing. After. OC. For those who loves OC, will love Gossip Girl. I had been a fan of high school drama and teenage angst since Beverly Hills. Heck maybe even Saved by the Bell. I sadly believe even if I reach 40 years old, I will still be watching this teenage angsty-ness and drooling after guys of inappropriate age while feeling a lot like paedo.

Oh. Back to the question, its great. It have its greatness and mediocreness. However the script is sometimes bland, but the characters are fascinating. The sarcasm remarks and the phoniness of the characters makes this for an enjoyable 45 mins y'all! Best new series of the batch (for moi) and am trying to persuade everyone to watch this. Yes. Even you fiance, so fear for your brain.

Left me wanting for more?
Of course, and this is among the new series that are being picked up for full season first. People under 20s are squealing out LOVE, the under 30s who still think they are under 20s are gleefully awaiting for next week for brand new eps, people above 30s I believe are being nonchalant while watching this while everyone is asleep.

Oh and of course they have some great music features, and they introduce me to these cute sister-team-band-performers The Pierces. Love their music. Intensely.


Reaper
Is it any good?
The first eps is great. The second is reminiscing of the first. The third and forth seems like a repeat that it becomes quite a drone. Guys seems to like it. I ... watched it out of obligation of donloading it. I think why this series is so lacklustre is of the chemistry of the cast. They seem to lack this important factor with each other except the interaction between Sam and the Devil. The Devil is deliciously evil and maliciously wicked . He is the only reason I kept on watching. Not that it is not enjoyable, just that after you finish watching this, you have no desire to watch the next episode. There's still 3 or 4 more episodes of Reaper I haven't watched.

Left me wanting for more?
Haven't heard if it will continue to S2 . 50/50 I believe. Depends I guess if I like the finale or the last eps enough. Mungkin sekadar mendonload sahaja for fiance and my brothers. They love it.

Private Practice
Is it any good?
It started out shaky. Then coming out OK. Then it becomes forgettable and even dull at times. Addison had become this hysterical, insecure, paranoid woman. A far cry from the first time we saw her standing sexily on her high heels claiming her husband. I found it at times even painful to see her antics. I know this series is about a woman struggle in her 40s, but is it that painful? Does women in their 40s act like a teenager still? Hope not. If this is what Shonda Rimes idea of a strong woman struggle... I am ready to move on to another series. Even Piz/ Dell is dull! How could you writers! But please no more nekkidness for either Addy or Dell.

Left me wanting for more?
Prolly yes as I had invested interest in Addison. But I seems to watch this series while surfing nowadays. If only... I don't know what can make this show better. Shonda Rimes better think up something. Tho I do love Christopher (Gilmore Girls ) , Addison love interest and hope that they drop the idea that Addison is a star crossed lovers with Pete. Gah. Talk about no chemistry. If it continue to be sucky I may drop it.


Women's Murder Club
Is it any good?
The pilot is horrendous. I guess forcing viewers relationship problems in front of a corpse is not in good taste. Boleh tak berbual about your love life kat tempat lain yang lebih inappropriate kan? But it gets better and hope continue to get better. I do keep on wondering though if they would have the gall to kill off Jill character in the series as in the books. (if it continues to go on). Prolly on Season 1 or Season 2 finale yar?

Left me wanting for more?
I don't know. I am beginning to heart Angie Harmon and her character. And also Claire. Not lovin the other 2. Maybe. Maybe not.



Cashmere mafia
Is it any good?
I love the pilot. I enjoyed the series. But if I am to be really honest to myself, I only love it because of Miranda Otto and Lucy Liu. I'm not sure regarding the chemistry of the cast, but its enjoyable. And truth be told, I like a show about strong women that have priorities other than relationship.

Left me wanting for more?
Prolly. The reception was not very good I hear and would be sorry to see it goes. But I am a fan!

The other series I mentioned before that I prolly watch... (time tuh kan keje cuti 3 4 arie . byk je masa nak tengok series. Skang tercari-cari masa) I list down as below those that I watched.

Aliens in America
Is it any good?
Not the typical sitcom comedy. Something like Malcolm in the Middle (even tho I don't watch much of those). However I do like their outtake on a Moslem. Not too demeaning nor judgemental or changeable. Some eps are good. Some are funny. Others ok. I give it a 6. Oh. The sister is not that hot to be that popular. Heh.

Left me wanting for more?
Guys love it. I watch this since its short. 20 mins worth of fun. Prolly will watch since will be donloading for the guys.



Pushing Daisies
Is it any good?
The pilot is breathtaking. The graphic is beautiful. It is reminiscent of Amelie and I strongly believe that they shot the series with 'Amelie' sorta concept behind it when I saw Chuck aunts house and the song "Guilty" that they played. ( It is the song in Amelie soundtrack and is a very lovely song from the 1930s).

Left me wanting for more?
Despite its beauty, some plots are kinda draggy. I do love to watch the sets and the clothes and the ridiculousness of the case sometimes. I give it a tentative yes. Tengok ape yang ade next season.


Moonlight
Is it any good?
Bole tak that I am loving this show? The pilot is gagful. But after that, it was great! It have a cheap feel of it, (the sets are bleak and you can just see that the props and sets cheap) but I love the story . It is the second new show that I truly love. Prolly I just love vampire shows. And since the heroine is uncanny-like Kate Winslet, that keep my eyes glued to the screen.

Left me wanting for more?
I made my feelings clear. We know the answer.


Am going to watch Lipstick Jungle. Some say its better than Cashmere Mafia. But who know eh. I never really like Brooke Shields anyway. Didn't get to watch Samantha Who, Bionic Woman and Chuck. Heard really great response from the Samantha Who and Chuck. Tapi tak larat eden. Tunggu je ar if it will be coming to a TV station near me.

Bulan depan or another 2 months dah bole beli DVDs Medium and Supernatural. Heh. Dah start collecting, might as continue collecting those DVDs.

Comments

CSI will be back for 8 episodes

that is good enough for me. thank god mytbusters are on all this while. i have to resort to downloading American Galdiator to supplement my TV diet. i felt so cheap!
Anonymous said…
will be back for season 8 or episode 8? I guess effi's typo there. no wonder.

CSI 811 is ady on internet. but the french subtitle and low quality makes me need the AXN version.

dils, since i haven't had times to watch all that, maybe a link to their summary can help? :D

p/s: kalau rajin edit laa kan!
Dils said…
Effi:
There's always reality tv eh. Well, its not too bad. I got a lot of series backdated in my HD.

re-arrange:
heh. I had provided the summary of the series on my previoust post, the link that I provided above on the post. Lemme highlight that later on. Just click on that link (well this is the link to get a very brief synopsis of the series: http://witherthorne.blogspot.com/2007/09/introducing.html
Unknown said…
love gossip girl & WMC also.. try Dexter if you havent. good series also. quite dark & interesting..
Dils said…
Heh. Prolly will kut. My friend nak lend me Dexter. Nak cari time utk tengok tu.... yg susah skit. Haha

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.