Skip to main content

What say you?

Now I want to chip in with all the rages of Siti's tudung.

I am not going to harp on the fact that she is not wearing this correctly. Or the fact (or non-fact?) on if there is truly any correct way of wearing a tudung. People would always argue on how Quran are being interpreted. I am not a scholar so I will not say which is the 'most' correct (while I am sure many of you will be ready to supply me with information and quotes and such later)

What rages me is what people say. I make fun of her. Oh yes I do. Her taste is horrendous ok. I can blindfold myself, pusing my bilik 10 times, then grope for my clothes and I will still surpass her.

What makes me sighed at the fate of the world is on the vicious word on how Siti is not a good Muslim for not wearing a tudung litup, or her husband is 'munafik', Siti ni tengok aje past die bla bla and the logic will then be turned to blaming tudung-wearing woman.

So we know by many evidence most of them is not as good as they look (that include moi!). Does that give you to the right to attack them viciously. The usual words.... " Alaaa yang pakai tudung pon wat gini wat gitu.."

As such? Are they not human too? So they wear tudung? That is a testament that they should never commit sin? If tudung is a statement on how you portrayed faith, yet people are proclaiming that faith could not be determine by clothes. Granted that those decided on hijab should need to always strive to improve themselves, however when they wrong is the only things that people know is only to abuse?

What about the prejudice on women who clad the hijab are being perceived as incompetent, meek, subservient? An ex-colleague once confided that she was advised to 'open' her hijab during the interview to get a chance. Sadly, this is true.

Some people also said that by donning the hijab, the women looked less superior, hanya sesuai keje kerani. I personally believe this is more on how she dresses herself (fashion wise). I myself am guilty of this, however I need to always remind myself that this is not how I suppose to think.

I had met plenty of great women who is at the top of the career that donned the hijab. I am sure they are bringing in plenty of moolah (surpassing you who judged) , great speaker and a good leader.

I think my annoyance stem from the fact that I hate that a group of people are being bad-mouthed by some ignoramus when the wrong is being done by an individual. Usually non-hijab clad women are being outspoken about this. But the hijab one too receive an outlash.

I may have some prejudice and I may not be a pious Muslim. However I don't agree on bad mouthing or stereotyping one group in what they believe in and their choices.

Thinking further and further... I can only assume that this is the type of prejudice that could only happen to women since the harshest criticism usually came from the menfolk. (Who they themselves that preach suke pakai sluar pendek pegi mamak. Shut up. You know who you are)

Oh.. back to Siti. My thoughts is that her tudung wearing 'phase' is horrible (fashion wise) and anyone who's want to wear it out on the street, need to gouge out their eyes. Even the fashion (memakai tudung yg kaver rambut tu je) is slightly passable than the hood she is currently carrying. However that is her fault on fashion wise. ( Bernard Chandran should be shot for thinking this faux paus).

However I am not questioning her faith nor her career or she herself as a person (except she obviously need a stylist pronto) based on her decision to wear tudung. She decide to commit a (many) fashion faux pas that provide much hilarity for blogs and forums everywhere. I also had decided on some really questionable looking shoes and dress. So does a few of my friends. Life goes on and no one should attacked us for our belief based on what we chose.


p/s: This blogger cannot be categorized as a hijab nor non-hijab clad woman. She knows her limitations and are merely expressing her frustration regarding ignoramus criticism. Pointless and hurtful comments would be monitored closely and deleted if needed. It is her blog and her say, so don't bitch. So if you don't like it, blog about it.

Comments

Taqiyuddin said…
I say to Hell with all this! Let us all partake in the Great Orgy and sate our burning desire for bespoke fashion! Life is short! Our flesh shrivels and wrinkles as we speak! The time is high for us to strip and shake our penis and breasts to the beat of the Devil Music! Infernal Pleasure Awaits!

p/s: I hope this gets to your blog. be gentle.
Dils said…
Haha. This comment can be considered as pointless but not hurtful. I let it through *hand waves airily*.

Sate burning desire for fashion? strip? burnt clothes and I presume underclothes and shake your bons bons? Are you channeling Tyra Banks?
i think the thing that pissed people off about siti is her virgin mary image. for some unknown reason people want a bit of dirt on their "idol". ntah la kenapa. to make them less "godlike" and more human? siti should hire a new stylist. her tudung style is not offensive to islam. its offensice to good taste and ocular health.. HA HA
Dils said…
Haha.. she seems to think that whatever Bernard Chandran give is the ultimate thing in style.

People in the internet esp like to twit her looks, but mesti ade beberapa really offensive/ignorant comment or posts yg akan surface whenever this tudung issue arise.

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.