I know, I know I should. ( I'd added the 'about my phone' after I finish typing all of the below)
Maybe I could blog about my phone.
My new phone. My old phone died sporadically on me. Husband was pissed on one particular lunch hour that he did not manage to call me because my phone decided to play dead. Not that he is particular like that, more like he meant to make a surprise lunch time date and if you are not contactable, it is not a surprise nor a date. On the occasion it manages to sputter to life, we did manage the lunch date which resulted in a new phone. Unashamedly, I'll admit that my husband bought it for me, because if it were left for me, I'll put off buying a new one. Terima kasih spouse.
Yes, having a lot of travel allowance makes up for the months of separation. Sometimes. Tell that to me again when I am puking out my dinner in the toilet bowl with only Kurap looking on sympathetically ( I love Kurap *hearts*) and there is no one to wash the dishes. (The smell of dishwashing liquid still makes me ill)
|Ade aje alasan aku nak masukkan gambar si debab ni dalam belog.|
This time I decided on a more mid range smartphone which is the somewhat new Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.
|Ini bukan phone saya, I took this from Sony website.|
And if you think I can be as technically enlightening as all the technical gadget writer who writes reviews for a living, heh, you should go to Techradar or Techcrunch or Amanz to be fully enlightened.
As for me, I would say I like it because -
- The battery life is awesome so far. I do not have to scramble for the charger right after I got home from work.
- The touch screen sensitivity is just nice. The keypad is easy to use. Got some typo because I am still adjusting to the length of the phone. Muscle memory belom adapt lagi.
- The screen is adequately bright even when I had adjusted the brightness to just 55% level. Even under direct sunlight I can still see the screen. Maybe that is due to the screen protector? But we were comparing it to Iphone and on Iphone I couldn't see a thing.
- Sony Ericsson PC Companion is a pretty handy tool for me in term of contacts and file management. I don't know why HTC kept on mucking up the pics folder for me and I can only rely on the Astro File Manager before to browse my pics and downloaded items.
- The phone camera is easy to handle compare to the previous. I have one of those annoying shaky hands problem, so whenever I want to take a pic after I had turn on the camera function, I like that I can just tap anywhere on the screen and the pic is taken. Lessen issue for kamera tu bergegar.
- I love the look of the phone! And it is in pink! (girly mode hard on)
|That is mah phone. Aku prefer main homescreen adalah kosong.|
The cons for me are:
- Sony Ericsson limiting the screen to only 5. While Gingerbread you can have 7. I don't know why Sony do this and limit it further. There is however an Overview mode which let you quickly go to the homescreen/widget you want to. Pretty neat but a bit cluttered.
Oh, and I can now take screenshot easily without rooting my phone. Hah!
- The widgets available for the Sony phone is quite limited. I hated the Calendar widget. There is not much customizing options for it. Other available widget is quite lacking and frankly as above, not much you can do about it. But people say, hey that is the reason why you have Android. To get more widget. True, but I expect the basic one to be good still. (Oh, I don't like the Timescape thingies. I pretend that it don't exist in my phone. ). The email is pretty good though. I like it better than the other phone I'd tried.
|Ade 7 je tawww. Bunyi pon tak best semuanye. Kedekut sungguh nak sedekah lebih.|
- If you like ringtones and different message style of notifications, you won't get it here. Maybe you need to download it from somewhere, but it is kind of annoying that when I open the list of ringtones/notification sound to choose from, my 3310 phone from 10 years ago have better selection. Again, I am not the type of person to get different ringtone for each person, but personally, I would like to have more options than say 8 ( which sucksss) ?
- In term of smoothness during navigation, I do not expect it to be the same as Iphone or SGS2 or my old phone. But I am not bother by it, it is consider as a mid range, and you can't expect it to rival the high end one and to me it is still pretty OK.
All in all it is a pretty good phone. I am happy about it apart from the gripes regarding the phone widgets and ringtones. But that is a problem easily faced by downloading a good widget (anyone have any recommendation on a good Calendar widget?) and more ringtones ( I am leaning to Twisted Nerve from Kill Bill for my ringtone ).
I like my HTC Desire Z ( aku rindu type dalam physical keyboard), but after a year and a really unsatisfactory service by the kedai, make me really annoyed with it. I get that phone can rosak, but I don't like to wait 1 bulan lebih for them to baiki the phone and only after much pressuring I got the phone back. That is the reason why the second time phone tu rosak I just don't want to deal with the service. Its the people not the phone, which is a pity.
I am expecting this phone to have a better life and if anything goes wrong with it, I'll get better support than the guys at the HTC kedai.
p/s: I was planning to bundle this entry with my new tablet, tapi dah panjang.