Skip to main content

MPH Warehouse Sales...

Currently sitting at home watching Gilmore Girls. Bliss I say. It would be more blissful if my computer is not acting up again (which it only does that when my husband is away? What is up with that)  While other people got to go to open houses or twtup but I have nothing to do and just sitting here idling my time away. Anyway, yesterday spent some time at the MPH Warehouse Sale after I heard some excellent sales on graphic novels. But I suspected that all of the good ones ( like Watchmen and Fables ) had all been gobbled up. They are only all those superheroes crap left. Bah! So I didn't buy any of them. I guess I have to depends on my 10% off Borders discount card then for graphic novel purchases.

Instead, this are my loots 

This pic looks tilted to you? I sometimes have problem taking a straight pic. 


I counted around 16 books which equals to about RM113 altogether. I am somewhat excited to get the Tash Aw book that I had been eyeing for a while, but was around RM40 in Kino the last time I seen it. So at this sale it is purchased at RM15. Good enough price, something to sneeze about ( I think I may use that phrase wrongly). 

But I am especially excited when I saw 'Furious Love'. I almost missed it, but I decided to roam around the place one more time, (practically skipping the RM20 books, I mean RM20 books?  For a warehouse price? The galls! But of course it is better than the so called book fair that sometimes just shaved off 10% - 20% of the price. Which is like...  have no words for it. But when I came upon this type of book fair and saw the final price, I'll practically storm off the premise and fuming at the mouth. It is not a pretty sight ). 

Anyway back to the book, which I saw and I kinda squealed when my eyes fall upon the dust covered book. I had been looking for this! The last BBW sale didn't have it. Maybe the upcoming one got, but who cares. And of course I realized I have at hand the movie that practically spurns this book. The movie where Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton ( I kept on referring Richard Burton as Burt Reynolds in my head) first fall in love even though both are married , I think. Of course the warehouse sale do not have this movie on sale, I bought the movie at Carrefour months before. Haven't watched it yet, so I am now conflicted on what to do first. Read the book first or watch the movie first? Or the other way around? Sigh... such dilemma. 



Oh btw, the book sale at the MPH warehouse sale is ok enough, you can't get the popular books below RM10, unless you dig hard enough. However I find a few gem at around RM 5 and RM 3 prices, so there's nothing to bitch about. Overall it is quite good. To find something to your taste and very cheap, you may need to prepare to dig deep, where good airy clothing and braced yourself for lot of dust, but it was worth it. All the not so cheap one are displayed prominently but those are good prices, like you can get the GoT books ( all 4, not the recent one), at RM88. A lot of Sophie Kinsella and Madeline Wickham at RM20, and so does a lot of popular authors. Older books or obscure authors, you need to dig though a whole lots of boxes. Which is why a lot of my books purchase are the one prices at RM 5 or RM 3. Hard to get disappointed if you're just paying just a couple of ringgit for it. 

I think I am a hoarder of books. 

p/s: Kurap almost got hit by a car just now because she was hell bent on chasing after that darned bunnies. At least the driver stopped and laughed when hearing my screams. He was probably thinking crazy cat lady. 

Comments

iceroll said…
Right. Betul2 belakang ofis aku. And I purposely didnt tell my wife about this because she will hoard the warehouse.
Dils said…
Wah wah... tak kasik can langsung kat bini. Ke korang save duit untuk big bad wolf punye sales?

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.