Skip to main content

Thou shalt have flood in thou abode

For the second time.


Ugh.


So, my brother and I manage to avoid the massive jam known as the long public hols crawl on the North South Highway. Just when I think I can jump onto my beloved bed, alas its not to be. Because somehow karma thinks I was a bitch and gave me retribution in a sort of a flood. In my room. Only in my room. Somehow the water pipe overhead of my room is feeling leaky and decided to leak itself all over my room.


Hmmmm... Understandably I am feeling crap. Pissy at no one in particular. Incredibly frustrated at this happening again in a different house, different time, same circumstances. Did I mention again how crappy I am feeling? Let me just say it once more with a feeling. Crap.


However my sister asked me to be grateful. I, of course did no such thing and proceeded to bang and clatter and throw everything in sight. Did I also mention that I can have a pretty epic bitch moments whenever certain opportunity arises. Well... I feel this situation is a fitting opportunity indeed.


So after the meltdown and 2 or 3 episodes of Angel. My particular feeling of ravaging the world somewhat subsided. So I guess my sister is right that I should be grateful.


Let me count the ways on how grateful should I be.


1. Unlike last time, I am grateful that the water is not as deep and travel as far as the other rooms (my room enough should be dandy k) and floor is not ruined completely compare to the last time it happened at the apartment. To my sister who's the co-owner of the house, the floor is somewhat ruined, but not so bad la. Maybe we should take pictures?


2. The water only covered somewhat half of my room and only half of the flooring is somewhat ruined. It also covered a quarter of the landing area next to the staircase.


3. The leaky pipes is kind enough only to leak water on top of cupboards which it then proceeded to soak my clothes and underwears. Gah! My wonderful and some kinda expensive clothes!


4. The clothes are only damp and not discolored (I may need to check that out thoroughly to make sure). Half of my wardrobe are currently being dried out. I am grateful that half of my wardrobe are stored elsewhere or I may be forced to go to work in inappropriate clothes.


5. I am grateful that I do not store my bags there. Clothes can be dried up. Bags leceh sikit and have 70% chance to be ruined.


6. I am also very grateful that I do not store my barang hantaran there.


7. My brother in law was present to uncover this disaster and proceeded with the maid to clean up my room. I actually needed to do the post cleanup only. So yeah, I am very grateful for that ( I meant that in a non sarcastic way).


8. I have a fiance now who will help me to move heavy objects around and some intense scrubbing and mopping this weekend for post cleanup galore!


9. Perhaps this a way of exercise to burn some hari raya lemakness.


10. Unlike last time, my books are spared. Which I am very, very grateful. As books will be completely ruined when come in contact fully with water. Not to mention my books altogether macam sama mahal dengan my clothes.


11. My bed is not damp but only my comforter and some pillows are .

12. My room smelled all damp and musty. But with the help of some industrial strength air freshener its not so bad. Only occasional musty smell pervades sometimes. Maybe I can imagine I am in a cave.


13. At least I am not the person yang pening2 who have to fork out money for the repair works. Hmmm... but I am not looking forward for the repair works. Barang2 di bilik adalah sangat banyak untuk dialih.


Hmmmm... and also some of my sheeps and baby lambs are also victims. Sobs!

See here. This is Saiful. He had been discolored by the mini flood. I didn't post the before pictures. So I gave him a little bath to make him all whitey again.

DSC00326

Hmmm... oh.. and why did I called him Saiful?

DSC00327

Comments

saiful?

the last pic kinda look like he is being fingered! ha ha

so anyway glad that the books are safe. i can take wet floors and we bed, but not wet books. it would cost me tens of thousands to restock my library if the same thing happened to me!

what was the cause of the leak? i never experiencef one.

and yes.. this is a good excuse to burn the occomulated festive fat. i have been starving meself for the past 3 days. thus the no food sign on my blog. my jeans are tight again.terasa macam those 80's glam rock band types pulak. Bulging groind included! sungguh tidak best!
Dils said…
saiful is a finger puppet. And yeah... he was fingered. Hahaha..

I am indeed grateful that my books are not victim. I was distracted by my clothes being the victims that I forgot about the books. Hours later I checked and found its ok. Hehe.. The Qurans on top of my cupboard however rosak.

My weight tak naik banyak sangat but I do feel fat. Trying to cut down food and puasa balik. Haha... Puasalah 6 !
Anasfadilah said…
"maybe i can imagine im in a cave"

keskeskes...kelakar jek..batwoman la nampaknye beberapa hari

u name ur kambing saiful

i name my bear rafiq...keskeskes

burn some lemak..goodgood..saya harus burn juge some lemak after beranak!dah boncit!wahahaha
Dils said…
knape name the bear rafiq? Hehe...

huhu.. mari mari join kempen membakar lemak. Lepas ni nak beli exercise mat plak. Hahaha... mintak2 la exercise mat tu tak jadi skadar rug je. :P
Anasfadilah said…
oh yeah...i have a finger puppet cow name kamil...

apesal ntah nama tu..i dunno...sedap sebut kot.

hahah
none said…
how abt ur big-big sheep that used to conquer a quarter of ur bed tu? ur kambeng busuk tu la..survived ke? hehehehe..must be saiful's big brother, or father perhaps..eh, how to determine its gender? it..is not there..hahahahahaha
Dils said…
dila:
best je finger puppet kan.. tp saya suke sheeps je.

serias:
sheep2 lain terselamat. Ade 1 je tak slamat. Sheep yg gantung2, tp nanti try basuh balik. Kalu tak sukses.. AKU LIQUID PAPERKAN DIE. Hahahaha...

Sumenye adopted family (aku ala2 angelina jolie hahahahaha) . Atuk buleh, big brother buleh.... Tak bg nama la sheep2 yg lain tu. Saiful je dpt nama.

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.