Skip to main content

Engrossing World & Plain Gross

Ok. Quickly recapping the 2 movies I recently seen, Golden Compass and Heartbreak Kid. And touch on the movies that I really, really want to see.

Golden Compass is quite nice. Surpass my expectations really, though to be honest my expectations is actually quite low (I don't get the talking polar bear concept before seeing the movie). All the hoopla regarding Christians and atheism and organized religion is overshadowing the movie kewlness. However their argument maybe valid since when watching the movie, you can't helped but found the parallel meaning behind every point.

Those can also be true for the last year? or previous years Narnia. If Golden Compass seems to promote the idea of atheism, then Narnia have subtle hints regarding Bible and Christianity. However further along the movie, those notions are forgotten and what you are seeing is basically a fairytale movie of a girl with a big destiny to save her world.

Like many says, most of us couldn't give a rat ass what is being promoted in the movie, since any logical person could see that this is a movie, hence for entertainment purposes and fictions are ideas created by lowly person such as ourself. Setting that aside, I found it entertaining and am looking forward on how the story would spun to its new adventure. All those daemons animals looking cute prowling around their human, help to increase the enjoyment. So I wouldn't mind, wasting another RM10 to watch the sequel.

To touch upon another movie that seems to insult my sensibilities or sense or both is the Heartbreak Kid. Hanging out with Shima and Seri and Gons, we decided at the last minute to watch a late night movie. As the only options (aside from ghost stories which we are not interested), are that movie, tengok je la kan.

Reading previous reviews, I had to agree. A movie that make you laugh but offend as well. However I am not laughing as much as I am offended. Sound like a prude? Yes. And no. The Ben Stiller character in this movie, practically forced us to sympathize with him. But. I. Do. Not. Care.

The reasons which he was turn off by his wife is not enough for me to understand why he think it is wise to pursue another woman on his honeymoon. The wife is not even that bad anyway. *Groans* The only consolations I have when watching are that Michelle Monaghan character (I couldn't remember the character name, which just show how little I care of their plight), do not fly into his arm immediately and when the cousin whacked the hell out of this guy. I wish that cousin had beaten him up more.

I guess this is why I can't seem to force myself to watch There's Something About Mary and Knocked Up. I like comedy as much as the next person. This comedy doesn't do it for me. I liked Stiller previous romantic comedy , "Along Came Polly" much, much better.

That aside, I am now stoked to watch the year end blockbuster movies. I hope I Am Legend is good, even though I had accidentally read the ending. Gah! Am also waiting in glee for 27 Dresses (James Marsden... yeay!), Atonement, Alien Vs Predator (should be better than the first), Wanted (another Jolie kick ass sexy movie!) and The Other Boleyn Girl especially. I may want to pick up the novel too, but not till later I guess. I like the score from Love in the Time of Cholera and the song sang by Shakira "Despedida" is beautiful, but the movie is maybe dead depressing perhaps. Maybe I will read the book instead. Benjamin Bratt does makes it tempting though.

p/s: It is so cold that I am wishing that I had bought gloves to wear inside the office. I can hardly type comfortably. Explaining my reluctance to blog selalu.

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.