Skip to main content

50th Merdeka. How middle age...

Well.. its the 31st of August. Midnight I'm working yet again. Sounds familiar... yeah.. that's me. Workaholic. Gah! Sangat!

Before this I joined in Vincent's various Kemerdekaan campaigns. This year, he couldn't be bothered, nor can I.

My previous posts regarding Malaysia, were always positive. I cringed hearing the negative thus I couldn't bear to write it down. I hate the thoughts that my beloved country is so full of flaw and our countrymen are sometimes foolish.

I don't know if its a part of growing up or does current generations are so inclined to blame everything but themselves. Looking around, I saw lackadaisical attitudes of our people, the blatant corruptness on our politicians part in managing our country, the disparaging remarks hurled from one races to another and wonder if by growing up meant we only saw the ugly side of society. So I try to push those thoughts away.. thinking our country is not bad.

But really... I love reading other peoples blog and world news. People from all around the world thoughts. The thing is.. we are never satisfied. Americans are struggling on their internal struggle regarding war, immigrants, terrorism, economy. Japanese are struggling on their freedom of speech, changes, opening up to global economy.. and so does China. Indians are struggling regarding education, poverty, corruptness. British and Americans are looking a way in reigning immigrants and the so called alliances with the US, and thus their people conflicts on what is right and what is theirs. And let's not even start on other war torn, poverty or disaster ridden country.

I'm not going to act like I know the state of the worlds and their citizens. I don't. The above is only my opinion in reading the lines and between the lines of the news. It maybe completely wrong.. but that is what I think. What I want to point out is... all of us have our demons.

It's not that its not OK to say we hate our countries. But let's not think that others are better. Comparison is good. But being one dimensional and just hating what is ours is not. They might think we are better. We might think we are better or the worst. The thing is just always to improve. It grates me to hear people complain when I see them as not doing much in improving anything anyway.

When we said our governments doesn't really care when we complaint. Did we do anything more? The way I see it. We get angry about corruptions, but we still rather pay the polis "duit kopi". Our governments body and local company does not know the meaning of maintenance. But we couldn't be bothered to clean the area outside of your house or apartments, saying its not 'territory' anyway. There is such great fuss regarding freedom of speech, but any stupid remarks from ignorant people were made, we issued death threat to them.

Let's not think that I held our governments in high esteem. There are times, when I think changes are needed to be made from the bottom, from the lowly people like me. Yet sometimes, when our politicians or minister embarrassed us to the core, I think absolute cleansing of the top tier is needed.

What's funny now is.. I can't make a summary of my post. I can't even think about solutions, improvements or anything to tie up this post nicely. So here end my somewhat pathetic attempts in blogging about serious issues.

Oh yeah. Happy 50th Malaysia. Hope that even if the big ass humongous demons can't be tackled, we somewhat solved our mini demons before reaching our 100th.

Comments

happy 50...... it would have been nicer if there are more poistive vibe this year. to be honest it really was very drab 50th anniversary. the annual licking the ass of the PM is still there. uninspired events are all there too. how about the mini NAZI rally held at dataran merdeka on the 30th. i was watching it when i realised that the scene resembled the nuremberg rally. awesome! well not really

stayed home and basically eat megi. that my merdeka. freedom to sit at home an ignore this wonderful landmark in history!
SheeMa said…
selamat menyambut kemerdekaan ke-50!! i dont care about the celebration. I just want world peace :) and hopefully dapat merdekakan diri from ptptn. Hate it!
Dils said…
Effi:
Its the Malaysian that stays home during Merdeka night. Hihu..

Sheema:
PTPTN bagaikan nightmare.. when you think about it you shudders.. but easily forgettable. Hahaha...

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.