Skip to main content

More Series

Hello. The haze is decidedly better than yesterday. And the road are less congested today since Selangor cuti. So it had been a pretty nice morning.

I was anticipating a few new series and of course some ol series back for the fall. I had started before on Greys Anatomy and Shark. God, I sound dull. Anyway....

Runaway



This show is not very popular I think. But I quite like it. It is about a family on a run because their father is framed for murder and wanted by the police. The father wanting to prove his innocence, changed the whole family identity asking his children to chant their new identities while they make a run across the States to hide and also start a new but fake life. Doing this, he hoping that he could prove his innocence in time before they are found out.

It is basically a family drama and have it little plot and twist. Also with the kids starting in school it gave the drama its light hearted moment. Kinda like Everwood meet Prison Break: Manhunt.


Heroes



Most of the guys I know like this series. The slight icky goriness factor , the multiple storylines, the questions arises after each episode end should appeal to some.

The stories is about few individuals, (strangely mostly at U.S) who recently discovered they have superpower. The power ranges from reading mind, flying and being indestructible. Kinda like these people had evolved into the next level, therefore they would have special abilities. A story on how the cope, adapt, accept and what they need to do with their power.

Each person have their own stories. And only two or three characters had now been communicating with each other. It would be interesting to see on how they would come together and what they need to do to prevent apocalypse or a bomb going off in New York.. (that is so apparent), and who is the perpetrator.

I have high hope on this series and was a bit letdown since this show is all gritty and I can hardly remember anyone with a sense of humour in this drama. But it is certainly very interesting. (And maybe I will wait to see if any one of them will develop a sense of humour).



Ugly Betty



This show is a surprising hit. Even for me. Sure I know its going to be corny as hell and as unbelievable as I will be a supermodel. But it is rather good and funny and heartwarming.

Betty work in this great Vogue-like magazine publishing company as the assistant to the editor in chief. She got her job, because of her look and of course the boss boss; which is also the boss father,at the company hired her since her boss is an ultimate player/womanizer. So Betty a plain (very plain) girl, with bad hair and dress disastrously, have to go through the very vicious office politics that is teeming with girls looking like models while helping her also newly position boss to make their magz "Mode" a success.

America Ferrera is a tremendous actress to make Betty as sympathetic, wonderful, sweet yet aggressive at times. And Daniel (Eric Mabius)is hawt! Yups yups. He is obviously hawt. The cast in the series give stellar performance. I can just imagine Vanessa Williams acting with glee on her villain role. They gave such over the top acting, that sometimes I am clutching my side cause of laughing.

And also the thing, I found myself kept watching out for.. is whenever Salma Hayek appears in the telenovela that Betty family always kept on watching. That is hilarious. I want more of that.... If Salma Hayek somehow are googling herself...read this. Continue the thing with the telenovela with you starring in it!! That itself push the show points in leaps. This should be the new drama-comedy.



Okay. I think.. is this the new series I found myself watching? Hmmm.. not much. But Ok enough. I don't have enough time to watch some of them anyway.

I continue briefly with 2 of MY most anticipated show season premiere of..



Veronica Mars



It come out as any other Veronica Mars episode. Great episode. I am kinda weirded out with the whole black eye shadow in sunny days thingies. But hey.. whatever suit you.

The first episode introduce us to some new cast. But let's not get ahead. In this episode, I am glad they threw away the concept of flashback such as episode 1 season 2. Those are kinda confusing.

Veronica Mars started out in college, all in lovey dovey embrace of Logan and with her Scooby gang in tow (Mac and Wallace). Just after the words "not pissed off anyone" are uttered, she manage to pissed off her T.A and got herself a brand new mystery. Wallace new roomie, Piz (Chris Lowell) had all his worldly possession stolen. Piz reluctantly at first (but reluctance disappear as soon as he sees Veronica), gave the case to Veronica. Her sleuthing skills yet again proving to the viewer had not gone amiss in college. First episode also launches the first big mystery where we saw last Mac roomie Parker(Julie Gonzalo), the boy crazy big time tease, are screaming and crying at the mirror finding herself bald. No.. she is not freaking out because she had become bald. (Though I would understand any girl would scream if that does happen too). She is now one of the victim of the on-going rape case in the college campus (as those who had seen Season 2).

Nothing much to comment. Everything in place. Stellar cast, witty , snarky comments, great characters. Got to say the newcomers rawks! I like Piz (Yes.. he is hawt). He reminded me of a puppy dog eager to please whenever he see Veronica. Logan will have a serious contender! Parker is cute, bubbly sweet, sunny beaming like girl. But I am sure as the show progress the cute bubbly sweet thang Parker would be replace with a darker personality seeing the first episode. Hope they would not change her persona that much. She brings different ....zing to the series.


Gilmore Girls


Ah.. Gilmore Girls.

Even more less to say.. With the exit of Amy Sherman Palladino, people are anxious to see if the show would still have its ...charisma.

We are back seeing Lorelai feeling immensely guilty and yet so wanting for it to be over after she slept with Christopher. (I am the minority who like Lorelai with Christopher. No. I don't like Luke.. and Yes. I know the show is bound to bind Lorelai and Luke together since this combination are so popular with everybody). Rory finds herself mulling over a gift Logan left. So basically in true Gilmore Girl style episode, its all about mulling and few side dramas provided by the resident of Star Hollow.

What? It sounds boring? Yeah.. it does eh a bit. And I have to agree that the dialogue, is somewhat, limpid. Yeps. Limpid is the word. Not totally weak. But it sounds... slow. This are what make the shows so endearing to their viewers. The dialogue that ricochets off the wall that you can hardly kept up. But this episode.. is like.. Humrph.

I am not ready to yet set Dan Rosenthal as being a complete moron at his job and not meeting up the standard as Amy Sherman Palladino did. I would still continue to watch with my fingers cross, hoping it would better and faster. It can be that it just an episode.. where they just mulls.


Owh. My fingers hurt. I haven't type so much in my blog for so long.

Comments

what would dils do without her gilmore and grey's anatomy. how do u manage to watch them all eh? i restrict myself to CSILV and CSINY. when im bored i try t download House. i havent seen heroes or ugly betty. judging by the fall preview these two were the top rated new series right? i watched Yo So Betty La Fea when it was aired here on terrestial telly. i dont like watching a remake so i guess i'll skip it. Heroes sounds fun and reminds me of works by Alan Moore and Kurt Busiek in Watchmen and Kingdom Come respectively. i grew up on superhero and i will try to have a look see later.

as of now i am content with my criminal crime drama.

oh yeah.. if Gary Oldman or Ed Norton do a TV show count me in too. these guys are awesome
Some said…
Gerak Khas latest season?
Dils said…
Effi: I manage to squeeze 1 show per night and marathon some during the weekends. I lead a dull life. Haha.

I like Ugly Betty, and I watch a bit la soy betty la fea and it irritated the hell out of me. Probably the gravity of the melodrama of it.

some:
You should know the answer.
Anonymous said…
I remembered my famous quote everytime on the way to play football and asked anybody who were watching the series,"Betty dah jadik cun ke blom?"
kunci hilang said…
last few years a friend of mine named Habibaty get angry with me because i called her Betty.
But i don't think Betty Benafe is not beautiful.
Dils said…
iceroll:
haha.. yeps yeps. I remembered .. ptg2.. bosan gi pantry sat.. tanye bebdk ni.. dh lawa belom.

The bile dah lama.. demn dissapointed. Tak lawaaaa pon.


kunci:
well... some people are kinda funny on funny names/unfamiliar names other people give em.

Regardless if the nick depicting the person beautiful or not.

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Updating my hoard of books

As my blog here, is my means in getting my thousands ( because I think it is now thousand of books ) of books inventoried, I need to update my books for the past years. I think the one I bought from 2021 to 2022.  2023 update of books will be done probably next year? lelz.  I think this was 2022 BBW sale book. Couldnt be arsed to go to Mines and bought it online. I think I already have ZOM-B. That book is probably gonna be drop in some community shelf The Shallow Seas - Dawn Farnham A novel of intrigue and Romance - Michaela MacColl Not The girls you are looking for - Aminah Mae Safi  Song of the Sea Maid - Rebecca Mascull The dust that falls from the dreams - Louis d Bernieres Zom-B - Darren Shan  The World Worst Explorer ,  Fintan Fedora Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer  Wishing for Tomorrow - Hillary McKay Snowfall - KM Peyton Girls Walk into a blind date  The fantastic family whipple  Love and Friendship - Whit Stillman The Romance Reader's Guide to Life - Sharon Pywell  Meet an