Skip to main content

Defeated

I concede defeat. I can never finish a novel in time for the NanoWrimo. With the getting sick part of the last week, I ignored the writing. Thus no fruits to bear.

Haha. Actually was sick and I couldn't bear the idea to write anything coherently. But laziness is also a part of it and it took me a lot of time to finish a chapter.

I wonder if my story would be continued. I guess it would, but it would be spun slowly. Spanning centuriesssss!!! Ehem.. a bit melodramatic. Nah.. if I have the idea and the free time, I'll submit myself to it and perhaps more chapters will be borne and perhaps an ending.

But now.. I am playing Sims at home. So let the story be for a while. I guess I will try it again in another 2 years time. Why not next year? *winks* Next year on November is gonna be a busy month for me. ( And that's if the current story had finish in 2 years time)

So that's that.

Moving on to new chapters. I couldn't be arsed to comment on the current political rumbling goin on, the eventual price hike for almost everything we see, touch and consume or the entertainment but I do want to say the Hindraf rally.. well.. I don't know what I think about it. I agree on some of the memorandum sent, I found myself disbelieving in others but I maybe ignorant on that matter and I wonder how many people really knows the purpose of the rally. If not a whole lot, it defeated the whole shenanigans.

Ok. Moing to another topic plak (Ala ADHD style) .A bit of a time since I commented on books. So let's touch on those plak. So I just had finish Deafening. And it was beautiful.

Beautifully written of course. The plots and characters are a little too recurrent on many of World War 1 books written, but it doesn't make it a whole less enjoyable.

I am still wrapping my head on all the reason of World War 1 and World War 2, and does the veterans of the World War 1 feels all their efforts awasted when WW2 arrived?

It's hard to say if World War 3 can or did erupt or the matter of when? Some say the new War will be war of econonomy (gahhh.. people had been doing that for centuries, hand in hand in with war of bloodsheds). Some say the Post 9/11, its kinda like a war. I think it is on a bigger and grander scale. Who knows. If it will happen ,we might even don't know it. Since we would be blown up to smithereens by atomic bombs before we realized it.

Truly dreadful thoughts for Friday. Yours truly.

p/s: Am wasting company time reading the WW1 diaries and memoirs. Interesting.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you know some people considered the Cold War as World War 3. Involved some like 29 countries, expanded from 1947 - 1991, killed millions.
Dils said…
I guess. I was comtemplating if Cold War are one of the great wars.

I guess one could argue, where great war is considered great, is where it spans across the continents, America, Europe and Asia and caused those who are not in the war to also suffer (rations, price hike, food deficiency).

But it is interesting on how American and Russian react during the 70s and 60s.

The first war that a nuclear missile is greatly feared I guess.
ww3 will be between china and other major power. they are currently stockpiling their weapon like hell

coupled with massive economic muscle that they have.. its gonna be crazy
Anonymous said…
i beg to differ miss, but you mentioned great war several times. What is great about war anyway?
Dils said…
Different people have different opinions regarding WW3 or "Great War", most of them with far greater expertise on the matter. That's just my opinion ( All 2 cents worth of it) .

Great War is refer to WW1 and WW2, that is what some refer to those wars are, as read in several reference and books.

Nothing great about it. But it is great. Different meaning, same word .

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.