Skip to main content

Lydia Teh is being generous

Those who are in the knows of our local authors... well should know Lydia Teh. She's the one who recently wrote Honk! If you're Malaysian.

I have to be honest that I didn't read the book. I was reading the interview she gave earlier.. to NST or Star or.. tah.. and got tad bit envious that she are able to achieve a dream so many can't.. getting a book published, print and quite a lot of people buying it. Mine.. I am too poor. Haha.. Ok ok.. I have a tendency to read fantasy and children books and those books that I love to buy and lovingly add in my ever growing collection. I was eyeing her book and also those Adibah Amin installments and sighing my lack of money and my ever expanding list of book collections to be bought.

But this post is about the latest contest she is throwing!

So are you tight for money? Scrounging in the garbage can for food? Or are green with envy whenever you see someone picking up a book that you had been drooling for weeks (but can't afford) and seeing that person nonchalantly paying it at the cashier? Would you like to at least have a chance of getting either above?

Well, Lydia Teh is celebrating her 10,000 book sales (and from her post maybe more than that) by throwing in a contest of winning either MPH vouchers or McDonald vouchers. Since I am greedy and there is nothing to lose and I am eyeing those MPH vouchers and it is as she said, easy as ABC , I am joining and well.. those who are interested for a chance.. head to here : http://lydiateh.wordpress.com/2007/09/28/10k-contest/

Ciao.

p/s: My phone rusak. I am sad. Yeah people, I am currently not reachable.

Comments

Anonymous said…
what a coincidence that I just bought a book by her ("Life's Like That") and then reading bout her contest, here.

and following the link, discover more that I've missed two of her book! Gee!
Lydia Teh said…
Hi Dila, thanks for posting about the contest. It's not 10K copies sold yet, but in print. Hopefully all will be sold by year-end :) Double chance for you.
wow.. jealous indeed. i wish i can publish a book. makes me feel like David Duchovny in Californication. LULZ.

hope u win it.i know u got loads of books to horde!
wow.. jealous indeed. i wish i can publish a book. makes me feel like David Duchovny in Californication. LULZ.

hope u win it.i know u got loads of books to horde!
Dils said…
Re-arrange:
Hey.. a guy who reads.. wait. Collect books. Hehe..

Oh.. does the book you bought nice?

Lydia Teh:
No problem, just doubling the chances . Then I hope the book sales went super.

Effi:
Yeah. I don't think so I have the patience to write a novel though.

Ah.. I hope I win it too. But depends on Lady Luck

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.