Skip to main content

Park Bo Young - Bests of

I love Park Bo Young. 

First of all she is so darn cute. Secondly she is the same height like me. So aku jua boleh bajet cute pendek like her!!! ( Ah let me have my fantasy) . 

I can't review all of her drama series since I didn't watch all of her works. Come on. I have my limits. 

So I will review the last 3 she was in... 

I won't go into much details. Just going with the flow here. So here... from worst to best. 


ABYSS



Plot:  
Cha Min ( An Se Ha) and Ko Se-Yeon (PBY) died, and they came back from the dead looking completely different from their old self. There is also the main mystery of the series - which is finding and catching the serial killer who killed Se Yeon.

Review: 
Absolutely a waste of my time. I hate it so much.  I wanna pile on it more but really, it is just not worth it. Just NO.

Was Park Bo Young OK in this?
She absolutely nailed it of course, especially when she have to play dual roles. But that's to be expected. She is a good actress.

Chemistry with the male lead :
Nada. I hate it. I don't know why but I am not feeling it. Maybe the guy damn kayu one? I feel like he is still finding his groove. You know who she had massive chemistry with? Lee Si Un. Yes, he is not that attractive in the usual pretty boy kdrama style, but when they banter with each other I swear I want them to hook up!

Best work? She did her best. But no. Because the script is such a massive pile of *****, nothing is redeeming.


OH MY GHOST





Plot :
Bong Sun ( PBY) who have a timid personality ,can see ghost ever since she was little. Then one day she got possessed by a ghost who is obsessed with sleeping with a guy because the ghost was convinced that she can't move on to the afterlife because she was a virgin. Suddenly the timid Bong Sun changes personality overnight to a brash impulsive girl and goes after the head chef/owner Sun Woo ( Cho Jung Seok). There's also a mystery involving some murders.

Review:
It was good. It changes from fun to dark quite suddenly but it doesn't feel like completely out of the left field. I love all of the actors here actually, they all played well with each other and are so so good at their characters. The transition of Bong Sun coming onto her own frustrated me a little, because I think they should have emphasized on it more so it does seems the romance is a bit  " Really?" . But still a highly recommended watch.

Was PBY great in here? 
Yes. Like I said she played dual roles well, and in here she absolutely shines. I love her more as the brash ghost personality though.

Chemistry with the male lead?
They did ok. It was reasonably romantic but it is also confusing to the male lead and the viewers in where exactly the affection lies with. The ghost or timid Bong Sun. Like I said before, it makes the romance seems off a bit because in my view the real interaction was when Sun Woo was interacting with the ghost. But honestly I think they tried their best there so I am fine with it.

Best work?
She is good here but I feel like there was still something quite lacking.


STRONG WOMAN DO BONG SOON



Plot:
Bong Soon (PBY) was born with a supernatural strength ability. She is ridiculously strong in a superhero way in a cute way, and because of that during her run in with a mob, Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik) a CEO of a game company who happened to witness her ability was hopelessly besotted and impressed. Which leads to him offering Bong Soon a job. There's also a mystery involving series of kidnappings. I am seeing a pattern here with PBY

Review: 
It was great fun kdrama. It was funny, Park Bo Young looks like she is having fun with this role and Park Hyung Sik and Ji Soo was also equally charming. The dark mystery kinda spoiled it a bit but it doesn't go really dark all the way, only the last few eps. 

Was PBY great in here? 
She was at her best. She absolutely shines in this role actually. She pouts, sulks, fall in love and kicks ass effortlessly. I really believe she enjoyed every second of it and it showed in her work. 

Chemistry with the lead? 
Hell to the YES! This couple gives me tingling butterflies! Park Hyung Sik could look at anyone so meltingly. Even Ji Soo is so achingly great in his interaction with PBY in this drama. My heart breaks for him a bit. 

Best work? 
Her best drama to date where it was fun and we love seeing her in it. 


Extra:



I had also seen the movie On Her Wedding Day. I think it was a really good sweet poignant movie. A must watch to appreciate Park Bo Young talent fully in a movie where it is less rigid compare to a kdrama. 





Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.