Skip to main content

Updating my hoard of books

As my blog here, is my means in getting my thousands ( because I think it is now thousand of books ) of books inventoried, I need to update my books for the past years. I think the one I bought from 2021 to 2022. 

2023 update of books will be done probably next year? lelz. 




I think this was 2022 BBW sale book. Couldnt be arsed to go to Mines and bought it online. I think I already have ZOM-B. That book is probably gonna be drop in some community shelf

The Shallow Seas - Dawn Farnham
A novel of intrigue and Romance - Michaela MacColl
Not The girls you are looking for - Aminah Mae Safi 
Song of the Sea Maid - Rebecca Mascull
The dust that falls from the dreams - Louis d Bernieres
Zom-B - Darren Shan 
The World Worst Explorer ,  Fintan Fedora
Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer 
Wishing for Tomorrow - Hillary McKay
Snowfall - KM Peyton
Girls Walk into a blind date 
The fantastic family whipple 
Love and Friendship - Whit Stillman
The Romance Reader's Guide to Life - Sharon Pywell 
Meet and Delete - Pauline Lawless





A History of Johore by RO Winstedt,  Bought this at a sale in Muzium Negara. I was also feverish at the time. I wonder bila aku nak baca buku ni because while I am interested, faced it.. it looks boring as hell. 




Bought this batch at the Kedai Buku. The manless second hand bookshops. They were selling it at RM5 apiece then

Roald Dahl - The Witches and Charlie and The chocolate Factory
Lisa Kleypas - Secrets of Summer Nights
Left Overs - Stella Newman
Memoirs of a DJ , Life in Progress - Vernetta Lopez
Wicked Angel - Julia London
Bollywood Night - Shobhaa De
Matthew Reilly - Hover Car Racer
The Two Lives of Miss Charlotte Merryweather



I think this one is the 2021 BBW sale. 

The invisible life of Euridice Gusmao
Freshers - Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison
How to start a fire - Lisa Lutz ( i def had bought this one again )
Love and Friendship - Wait I also had bought this again?
Re Jane - Patricia Park 
The Woman Who Upped and Left - Fiona Gibson
As good as it gets - Fiona Gibson
Finding Colin Firth - Mia March
Incarnations - Susan Barker 



                             The Sum of All Kisses, The Make Believe Husband - Julia Quinn 

The Lady Most Willing - JQ , CB and Eloisa James.

Eloisa James - 4 Nights with the Duke 

Love in the Afternoon , Married by Morning - Lisa Kleypas

The Girl who played Go - Shan Sa

Miss Purdy's class - Annie Murray



And this batch is kinda bittersweet because I bought it from the closed Ampang Point's Reader's Paradise book shop during their closing down fire sale. I hope the owners are doing well again and having the nicest of time reading their books. 

I used to rent books there. Sigh. I used to dream of opening a rent sorta bookstore. But I think this fad had died now? Used to be popular in the 90s. 





Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.