Skip to main content

Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency

I have a fondness for Gong Seung Yeon and seems to want her to do well, so after watching her acting in Are You Human Too , I was delighted that her new drama will be coming out soon. 

Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency seems to be what they called it as fusion sageuk, where they don't really adhere to the strict segeuk style and stick much to historical accuracy. 

The story is about low class citizens of Joseon Soo and Gae Dong whom are butchers and errand girl who acquired the service of the popular Flower Crew ; a matchmaking service, to get married. But then Soo suddenly became a king and enlisted the help of the Flower Crew to marry his first love. 

The Flower Crew consist of Ma Hoon (Kim Min Jae) who is a perfectionist and know it all, Joon who is a playboy and can tickled information from anywhere and Yong Soo who is a stylish guy who specialized in beauty. 

asianwiki

Review? 

When the trailer first came out people are confused who is exactly the Male Lead, but after the first episode it is apparent it is a story of Gae Tong and Ma Hoon. So I am a bit pleased that it is not about the king but still the story centered on Soo a lot which led to the unstableness of the series. 

The drama kinda totters in between palace intrigues and flower crew shenanigans while it sometimes intersect, it took quite sometime to get the momentum going. And one of the downside of the drama is how it seems to throw the 2 leads into weird situation for no ryhme or reason. I guess they wanted to generate more chemistry but the leads managed it enough that it should not be a forceful meeting. 

It was fun though and the crews and king are beautiful. You can see they enjoyed acting with each other and it shows in their scenes. But it never quite hold my interest or joy especially later on. 


Romancewise?

7/10 . They get it right. Kim Min Jae can have a melting gaze and that little smile. Ooof. Gong Seung Yeon seems to interact well too. They have chemistry but not off the charts, and still cute. 


Acting wise?

I think this is the first Kim Min Jae lead role and he hold himself well. Looking forward on more for his projects. The other actors and actresses are also pretty ok. Nothing rage inducing. Not the best role for Gong Seung Yeon but I think it is more on how she portrayed the character.

The best moment for her was at the last episode and she did wonderfully well that I know why I am fond of her. 


Did it stumble and fall? 

Not exactly, but it never quite fly high either. 



IMPORTANT ASPECT OF KDRAMA ESSENCE :

BOYFRIEND LEVEL:
Pretty good. I am giving it a 7/10. Not perfect but mainly because he is too busy playing saviour instead of boyfriend. Did I mention Kim Min Jae have the most nicest (I meant sexiest ) voice I heard recently. Ehem. 


HEROINE AWESOMENESS: 
6/10 . She is a strong character but not featured well enough and sometimes relegated to the background. It gets annoying when the plot decided to go that way.


SECOND LEAD GAME: 
Strong. I was almost disappointed Soo/The King didn't get his girl. Seo Ji Hoon got the most potent puppy dog eyes and when he was imploring Gae Tong to go with him, I don't think I would have the same resolve. 
Seo Ji Hoon reminded me strongly of Park Bo Gum, and I wish he would have similar success. 


VILLAINERY: 
10/10. I like it. I like it when the villain went all out. Go big or go home I say. 
Last time I saw Park Sa Hoon was his role in My Mister and this role is such a different one that I am delighted on how wonderful his acting is. 

CHEESINESS:
Not so much. Ok enough la. 



Final Verdict...



Recommended? 
Yes if you like sageuk fusion and pretty boys. We don't really go .... "daebak!" when watching though. 

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.