Skip to main content

Holed up due to a Typhoon in Osaka

On our last day in Kyoto, it was hectic. We got a security message saying typhoon is coming and all public transport will be halted the next day.

People who have to travel via train, mainly us tourists were at a loss. We were planning to go to the Railway Museum in Kyoto on the last day so that plan went out the door. We need to catch a train to Osaka ( and of course all attractions are gonna be closed) we just manage to do that. We were panicking a bit thinking that we can't get ticket but we manage to just barely get the ticket on the last train . Phew.

Got to Osaka, all local trains were halted. So we grabbed a taxi to our apartment.

The view from our apartment. Roads were empty as there were announcement everywhere to stay in own home. 





The above is our apartment. It have more rooms ( I forgot to take pic of the kids room) but tinier than the one in Kyoto. 

It was pretty nice place to stay. Near to train station and many places to eat. We should have stayed longer in retrospect. We dont get to explore much of Osaka even though we were staying in a prime location. 

More so because on the day we arrive is the day of typhoon so it is raining everywhere and most stores are closed. 


We tried to walk around the Dotonbori area but it was mostly empty and closed. It was starting to rain heavily and we are looking for food without avail. 




Did manage to loiter around here and there, there were very few people around. If not for the typhoon this place would be packed so looking at the bright side we got to experience an empty Dotonbori!. The rain had stopped a bit so I manage to get a clear pic. Was happy that I manage to get a pic of this Glico man mostly because this iconic image reminded me of my then love of jdrama.




It was deserted see? Baba was in a bad mood and do not want to be in a pic and Aziz complied to get in the pic. I wished I gotten a closer look at that ferris wheel. 



It was raining heavily again and we were taking a shelter outside a Family Mart while my husband bought some rice and eggs for our dinner to be eaten together with some Brahim curry I bought for emergency. We also bought some fish burger in McDonalds but that was not enough as we had not eaten in a day.



So around 5 pm as advised by the authorities, we just mostly holed up in our apartment and looking out at the window wondering how bad is the typhoon. It feel like a typical rain storm in KL tbh, but the typhoon coming in Osaka was weaker , around Category 2, so it just feel like a rain storm. It did go on all night long though and hoping the USJ will still be opened tomorrow.




View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Shamani Samin (@shammin) on

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.