Skip to main content

A New Malaysia

indeed. 

First of all. Selamat menjalani ibadah di bulan Ramadhan. My ramadan is pretty low key. It is just me and the kids. Havent been to pasar ramadhan yet, though I want to. It is easier to cook because going to pasar ramadhan with kids is not something I can muster up the energy for. We will however look for baju raya probably tomorrow at Melawati Mall probably. 

Senang je sekarang since Melawati Mall ni dah bukak. Before this if I wanna look for stuffs, there is KLCC or Jusco AU2. Which the former parking rate is getting ridiculous throughout the years and the latter don't offer a lot of choice but still I like going there for movies and treating the kids 'makan kedai'. 

Anyway. Just because it was a historic moment for Malaysia, I feel like I have to put it down here. We voted BN off. And that feel good. The euphoria last for a week I tell you. For 3 days after the election, I am stupidly happy. It feel like a burden had been lifted. I never realized before that I feel this hopeless, this suffocated with the previous govt. 

Now I feel a little bit lighter. Like I can hope for a better Malaysia for my kids. Have you been reading about Venezuela? I can't. Well I did for a little bit, but then I can't. Venezuela is in chaos and turmoil due to economic failure and this boggles the mind because Venezuela is rich with natural resources mainly oil. But oil prices dropped. Then the people don't have anything to eat. They have to go to another country because they ran out of food. I see a lot of parallels between Malaysia and Venezuela. Our reluctance to change. Our over reliance on oil output. The corruption.  And when I see Venezuela news I stiffened and found I can't breathe. I feel like if we continue in this path, this is our future. 

So when the EC announced the date, I went back to JB with 3 small kids. Naik bas. Alone. People tell me semangat betul. Isn't it. But with all these corruption news and my fear on our state of economy, I feel like even 1 vote should help. So I went out to vote. And we won. I am so happy. 

However that happiness soon is replaced with anxiety. But I am trying to remain positive. The new government is barely a month old. They are not taking baby steps. Which I appreciate. People expectations are also crazy. And I wish they would reigned it a little bit because you are putting your expectations on a bunch of leaders who are either too new or too old. But anything is better than what BN did. So in PH we trust, because currently there is not much we can do. 

But. More but. An important but. If they fail us, we will vote again. They will do better. And that is our hope. 

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.