Skip to main content

Home bake (Picture not pinterest worthy!)

It is Friday, and compared to last week Friday, today is a much more mellower Friday. Thus. I like! 
Last Friday was insane. There was an issue of sorts, and then my boss started berating me in front of everybody basically saying I am not doing my jobs in updating stuffs ( which I did, he have selective memory is our running jokes in this office) . 

I was in the midst of updating ( and I am not really feeling to tell the whole story here about the issues, biasa la issues at work kan, lagi2 if dealing with payroll) and he basically stopped me halfway in doing my job, just to vent. All the while he is 'bla bla bla ing' I was thinking... this is not productive at all. So I just stopped him and go somewhere else to get updates. Honestly. Most of the time when he is berating, he just wants to vent. But last week, I just can't. Don't vent in the middle of the office boleh? 

Ok. So that is my vent. 

Anyway, I had been firing my up my oven recently. Maybe because stress just makes me wanna eat more. 

It was my mom birthday and I make lemon cake with frosting. This is an achievement of some sort because this is the second time I tried to make frosting, and it turned out, not bad. First time was a raging failure. Well, the second time it was kinda fail, but then I am the sort who hated to waste thing. Macam kalau tak jadi takkan nak buang all these butter and sugary concoctions kut! Butter and sugar mahal taw! 

So I read that if your frosting don't really fluffed up even if followed instructions to a T , it can be because the temp is really hot. So putting it in a fridge can help, so yeps, I put my frosting in a fridge and after about an hour or so, it begin to fluff up again. LOL . Dapur panas sangat kut. 


My frosting skills is still a lot lacking. Hahahaha. I don't really have cake stand or proper plate for cake so it is kinda hard to frost. Leceh betul. Nak tunjuk gamba atas pon mcm segan. Tapi ini adalah bukti! Saya masak kek. 

Probably will buy a cake stand next. Considering, selalu jugak la bake. And I think dengan bulan puasa tak lama lagi ni, I will again bake the usual date cake again because I want to use up the extra dates that we usually got. 

So last weekend to get away from the stress of that issue, I bake some brownies sebab I promised bebudak yang tolong solvekan issue tu 'belanja minum'. But we rarely go out anywhere and there is not any Starbucks or chatime nearby. Bake aje lah brownies senang and give to them. 



I used a previous recipe for brownies that I had also updated the link here in this blog. Brownies kali ni manis sikit, sebab instead of the usual cooking chocolate, I used some chocolate biasa that I have LOADS of in the fridge. My husband beli chocolate banyak gile last time he went to Turkmenistan. So it is a bit manis. Cut down the sugar in the recipe to just a quarter since there are also chocolate chips in them. 

This brownie recipe should have frosting, tapi aku tak kuasa. It feels too much like a cake plak kalau brownies ade frosting, to me. 

The people at the office likes it, so ok la. Mission accomplished. 

Next plan to bake is either, soft cookies for the kids or cupcakes. Probably cookies kut. Maybe next weekend lah. 

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.