Skip to main content

Oh 2020.

 What a year. 


Random pic of Bobby at the vet 

Who would have thought I will ever see a global pandemic in my lifetime. Someone always mentioned this on twitter. " What a time to be alive"

Its weirdly privileged of me to start the post out like this because as you know many have lost their jobs, lost income, loved ones during this time. So ... actually I have no conclusion. We cannot know also whats in store in the future for us, therefore I am thankful that we are surviving somewhat unscathed this year and only hopes it get better for all of us soon.

Rounding up 2020 in a musing sorta way is not gonna be my style for this post. 

I will start in a random order the things of note of my 2020. These are the few things I picked up or had happened this year. 


Covid





I do not want to state the obvious. But this have to be said. 

Mask is now a fashion accessories ( while also keeping us safe. Also good god stop selling the lacey bra looking one) so does Washing hands, socially distancing, schools closing, online lessons, many hours of cooking, empty cities early this year are all what we had seen/faced these past months.


Music


                                                     


Taking up the violin again. Still playing badly. No matter. Though I think my playing is better than before.

Start to learn by myself the piano too. So far so good. 

Its been good for me so far in taking up music again. It soothes down the demons inside so to speaks.


Travel 



In a year with no travel expected, we manage to go to Tioman twice. I love it both time. Also finally got to kayak again after quite a long time. 

Oh we also managed to go to Cameron Highlands which the kids super enjoyed the tea plantation, butterfly farm and strawberry pickings visit. Sharif didnt enjoy the ride up the winding mountain though as he puked thrice on the way. 


Hospital Stay



The youngest suddenly gotten feverish was admitted in August. At leas it was during the time when there was not much covid cases compared to now. Going to hospitals nowadays with more than 1k cases daily would be worrisomes. 


Raya in KL. 

Bobby terpaksa kena amik gamba raya


Because we were still in those strict MCO at the time , and no one was expected to travel out of state, we raya at our home. Well for us not at home la, we went to my sister house in turns. But its the first time we had done raya aidilfitri in KL and the cats dont have to endure boarding but spending their first raya at home with us!. 

I also manage to cook chicken curry for raya for my husband for his leamng eating. I cooked for raya (from scratch!) the first time evah!


Learning a new language via Duolingo. 



I talked about this before and I am still continuing my lessons in that app. My progress in Arabic is dismal though I think at least from zero knowledge I know some arabic. It is so hard to remember words in Arabic!

 But French lessons is going better than I expected, partly due to a lot of french words are part of the english language anyway. 

I can even understand some people tweets in French nowadays, if not fully but half of it. Its exciting! 


Skincare

This year. Maybe due to boredom, I try to put on makeup. I don't do makeup before, but I got bored. This turns me towards using more skincare because your makeup does not look nice if your skin is not nice (unless you have awesome skills). I also realized how nicer my face will look if I put in eyeliner. But my eyeliner skill is really shaky. lelz. 

Anyway, because of that, I followed a few skincare influencer and manage to gain a few knowledge on basic skincare routine and whats needed to improve my skin. I was so excited to try out a few things I had amassed quite some products.


I also put some of the skincare products on my bedside table because if I don't put it there I won't be wearing it as often. I quite like this organizer that I am using to store my stuffs.  

As for the result of my interest in skincare now?  I think there's a marked improvement on my skin where it doesn't look quite as dry and listless as before. Had a few breakouts which annoys me, but I am trying to battle it through so to speaks. 


Lost weight!

Relatable even if not related

I almost forgot it but I did try to lose some weight this year and only after lockdown I manage to succeed. During that time I manage to shed around 8kgs! 

. I still have a long way to go because I am not that consistent and my weight somewhat plateau now to my annoyance.  But I am happier I can fit into some of my old clothes back. Let's hope I will continue to move more and tampers down my cravings so I can get to my ideal weight. 

........


Anyway I think thats that? Maybe there's more but I can't think more. But thats the gist of this year and a bit more I don't divulge. 


My next post will be on 2021! 

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.