Skip to main content

Asking for rights

Okay. I am a little woozy from gadding around town today... so maybe I am not making sense. So bear with me as I untangle my thoughts.

There are some people that are talking about gay rights. These are the issue that the Americans face nowadays because of the Prop 8 thingies. Those who don't know, google je la ok. Malas nak explain.

Its hard for me to comment on the gay rights thingies and of course in Malaysia the issue is almost non existent. But if we would be asked like generally regarding the gay rights on how we view it, it would be kinda difficult. First of all, I am a person who believe that people should have the right to choose their own happiness and way of living as long as they do not harm others. However, I am also brought up as a Muslim where Islam prohibit same sex relationship.

I wondered if this question if being forwarded to me or you (my Muslim friends), by 2 different people of different faith, would your answer differs? Would you say, gay should have the right of marriage when you are being asked by 'omputih' who's a Christian or atheist. Or would you say, "die orang sume tu akan masuk neraka so tak peduli la ape die orang nak pon kat dunia" when you are asked by a strong practicing Muslim.

Do you 'filter' your answers by the person who asked them? There is no need for me to ask if you would need to ask yourselves the answer you believe in since I believe each of us have our own answers. But are we afraid if our answers would make us look like someone who do not believe in human right to happiness and also at the same time afraid if they would think Islam is not a tolerant religion. Or if we are afraid that people would labeled yourselves as a non believer in the holy commandments dictated by His messengers.

What my thought exactly on gay rights? Aku macam malas nak type since penat la ( Cewah... macam mengelak pulak). But that itself prolly should have a post on its own.

Comments

Nuffnang

Popular posts from this blog

Aini and Zaki's Wedding

Promised the girls that we will attend Aini's wedding at Melaka on last Saturday, but at the last minute I changed the plan to go to Zaki's side of the wedding instead at Air Molek yesterday since on the same day there was also another kenduri potong jambul at my brother in law's kampung at Rembau. We manage to reach there around 15 mins after 1pm just before the pengantin berarak. Nice timing indeed. So alang-alang2 tu aku join je belakang rombongan pengantin masuk while my husband duk ambik-ambik gamba. Anyway the food was yummeh (sambal sotong!!! My Fav!) and the wedding is really traditional-like with gamelan music and silat. Aini looks really prettyyy and Zaki's sooo happy and jovial-like. Selamat Pengantin Baru to Aini and Zaki. The pic above is from my husband camera taken by tah sape and I will upload most of the remaining gambar kenduri in Facebook, sooner or later. Gamba kat Rembau tu, tanya Shamani die nak upload kat mana as the pics are at his camera too

Raw

Why does my heart cried Feelings I can't fight You betrayed me But just don't deceived me And please believe me when I say I love you [From the movie Moulin Rouge] And why didnt he? He's playing hot and cold.. hot and cold with me. I can't stand it. Yet I always come back for more. I am a true blue masochist. I don't even ask him to love me. I just ask him to miss me. And he couldnt even do that.. or say it. I just want to see his face once more. To see his lovely smiles, his small laugh. Why couldn't I forget him. When he could so easily dismissed me.. he could just easily come back and messed my sense and sensibility. While my tears fall down to my keyboard, yet at the same time I was making jokes and soothing him telling him "no worries". I don't ask for much... a smile, a pat on the hand. I miss him so much. Yet I am so afraid to let it shows. Becoz then if I show it... it will hurt 10 times more.